Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December!!

hello followers :) yes, I'm alive.

If you read the last post, you know that we just moved. I'm loving EVERYTHING about this place. We've been in for one week & one day. We did have problems with our heater, water heater, and the roach issue. Heater is fixed. Water heater is VERY fixed...hot water is scorching. Roach issue...still improving. We had an exterminator that came our last Wednesday. He is schedule to come on Friday too. I will have him spray every Friday until I stop seeing roaches. Today would make day two that I haven't seen even one. Luckily, they are the small brown ones...so I can kill those without screaming and running into another room. If they were the fat nasty black ones (YUCK!) we would have some SERIOUS issues in this place.

Overall, we love it. We love love the area of town we are in. 82nd street has pretty much ANYTHING you could possibly need. Places that I normally go to are all around us. Here's a few things: Boltons Oil Change (always went out of my way to go to this place...now its right down the street, Boltons/Walmarts Gas (always cheapest), 4 grocery stores within 1-3 mins away (Walmart, Sun Harvest, Market Street, Lowes) Bank of America, Body Works (our gym), way to many restaurants to write here...we might be in trouble with this, Experience Life (our church), Lifehouse location (church small group), Daybreak & Starbucks (both with free internet).

I haven't figured out where our Redbox location will be. Yes, this is important. We love Redbox. They need to build a Little Ceasers out here. Looks like we might be cutting back on the $5 pizza, considering there isn't one very close...bummer. :)

What else has been happening around here you ask? Well, I was one of the crazies at Walmart 6am Black Friday. I went to Walmart, Shoe Carnival, JC Penny's, Dillards, Bath & Body Works, plus a stop at Mcdonalds for breakfast at 7am with my sister & mom. I finished all our Christmas shopping. Saved a ton. Plus, I had enough allowance money to buy me a few things. :)

One thing that changed for us in the span of one week was our DVD collection. I've never purchased a DVD for myself in my entire life. I would proudly speak that as a "random fact" about me. So much for that...we have 8 new dvd's in the Lytle household as of Friday. MOST were SUPER SUPER cheap on black Friday. And the most expensive one was just $15, and we had a giftcard for that at Best buy.

The Holiday, ELF, The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Marley & Me, The Notebook, Hitch, P.S. I Love you....yes yes, we will definitely have to get more MAN movies. But shoot, this is a good start. Plus, Teddy likes all those movies too. He's the best! :)

Coming soon on the blog: Thoughts on Tights & tshirts, thoughts on the Victoria Secret run way crap, our regional staff conference stuff, blessings from the Lord...stay tuned!

Off to our lifehouse!
-Kells

No comments: