Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I could never love you less

I cleaned for two hours...time for a blogging break!

For Christmas I asked for a couple CD's. I got them!
Dave Barnes (new album or christmas) Christmas Album
Meredith Andrews: As long as it takes

And Teddy received Shane & Shane's newest (2009): Everything is Different

SCORE!
i love having new CD's for road trips...we were stocked up for the trip back to Lubbock from Iowa Park.

I really enjoy women who write music & sing it. :) I really enjoy Meredith Andrews, Kari Jobe, Bethany Dillon..just to name a few. I don't know if its because they are girls, but I just connect at a strong heart level when I listen to their music. Don't get me wrong, i love me some shane & shane...but if I'm wanting to really connect with the Lord through worship, i love those women.

On the way back, Teddy wasn't feeling well so I was driving while he slept. I was jamming out to my new Meredith cd....yes, while he was sleeping. I actually only know one song off the CD, so I enjoyed listening to lyrics & learning as I go (i pick up on lyrics REALLY fast). There was one song in particular that just brought tears to my eyes. I think there are many reasons for this...
1) My heart for the lost (those who don't know the Lord) has grown significantly this semester through prayer & meeting SO MANY people who don't have a personal relationship with Christ.
2) Recent discussions about the brokenness that surrounds me
3) Talking to SO many students (or adults) who want to get their lives "together" before they seek after God.

Here are the lyrics:
It hurts me to see you this way
I can't sleep, I'm lying awake
Wondering what you're battling tonight
You've bought into all of the lies
And you've buried your fears inside
Haunted by a past you can't erase

What will it take
There's no mistaking
Only one place you belong

Please come home
Please come home
The door is open wide
You don't have to fix your life for me
I die a little every time that you leave
So come home

Your voice rings inside my ears
I’m fighting to hold back the tears
How can I make you see while there's still time

What will it take
There's no mistaking
Only one place you belong

Please come home
Please come home
The door is open wide
You don't have to fix your life for me
I die a little every time that you leave
So come home

You're not a disappointment to me
You're just like the rest of us
Struggling through the journey
I don't care what secrets you may keep
I could never love you less
Than all the love inside of me


Please come home
Please come home
The door is open wide
You don't have to fix your life for me
I die a little every time that you leave
So come home

The bold part is what I just want to yell at some people, not out of anger just passion. Jesus is enough...period. I have prayed and prayed and prayed for those who don't know Christ this semester. During the Christmas season I can easily get choked up reading the story of baby Jesus entering the world...the gospel coming alive!!! I know there are a lot of eyes who read this (according to my little tracker dealy), so I pray that you know who Jesus Christ is & the redemption He can bring in your life. If you do know Christ, I challenge you to stop right now & pray for another person who doesn't know the Lord.

-Kells

2010: #43...7 more post to go!

No comments: