Thursday, December 30, 2010

First Christmas

Teddy and I thoroughly enjoyed our first Christmas as a married couple! I'm big on traditions and such, but I think most of those will come into play once we have little lytles. We did stockings (mostly all surprises in there), painted our own ornaments, went to a xmas eve service together, and bought our "first xmas" ornament. I believe all those things will be traditions that will carry on.

We did Christmas with my family Wednesday night (before xmas)...we had a lot of fun. Ate homemade soup (yum!), opened presents, and played nertz. :)

Thursday we left for iowa park. We spent majority of that day with Teddy's dad family. They drove in from Krum, to see us & courtney/drake! We did presents Drake's presents (we already had received ours) and ate dinner at Texas Road House! YUMMMMY!

Me & all my sister-in-laws...plus nephew/niece

Teddy and his dad (Ted)

We stayed with Teddy's mom Thursday-Sunday. We enjoyed our time there. Teddy and I went shopping Christmas eve...mostly window shopping to kill some time. We discovered I could get a free andriod phone for my 2 year upgrade. I was pumped! So, that was like a random sorta christmas present. We went to a christmas eve service, had dinner with his family at the house, and opened presents with his mom & family. It was a lot of fun & we received some great things! We were totally blessed with more then I could possibly imagine. It was fun to watch Drake open all his presents. He really enjoyed Christmas this year being 3. He thought all the long skinny boxes were clothes...he was mostly right. :)

Christmas day we went to his Pa's house (Susan's dad) to have Christmas day lunch. I met lots of extended family. Christmas evening we went to Teddy's step-dad's brothers house (our aunt/uncle) to hang out. We watched a little of the cowboys game, played poker, and I met more family.


Christmas Day!

The day after we went to Jcpenny's to return a Christmas present. I bought my Christmas tree skirt. I wanted one really bad before Christmas but they were SO expensive...so i waited...and SCORED. We bought one from Penny's for $12.50...originally $50. Yep, 75% off! We went to Best Buy to pick up my FREE phone!!! Then we went to eat at the "famous" Ken's pizza in iowa park. I've heard so much about this place since I met all the iowa park guys 3 1/2 years ago...and I finally got to eat there. The calzone was delicious! After lunch, we hung out with our nephew & Courtney...then got on the road.

Teddy & his sweet nephew hanging out

Our first stop back in Lubbock was Ultimate Electronics...just to look! We are still excited about a new TV. Just haven't purchased one yet. It just might happen this weekend! Teddy has 4 days off again. I love his schedule! :)

That wraps up our first Christmas! What a wonderful year 2010 was. I love my husband!!!

-Kells

No comments: