Saturday, December 4, 2010

the Lord's blessings...

Recently, Teddy and I have experienced multiple occasions of the Lord's blessings & provision financially!

1)When my mom/dad were in town for Thanksgiving, she surprised us with a new broom, paper towel holder, spoon holder (on the oven), 3 huge things of lysol cleaning wipes, and windex multi-surface wipes (all needed/wanted for the new apartment). All that together would have been a pretty penny. I didn't even ask, she just did it. blessing #1

2) When we decided we were moving (Nov 23rd) I thought it might be difficult to get help because it was the week of thanksgiving & people normally jet out that week pretty fast. I was a little worried. But the day rolled around & we had at least 15 people come help. Such a blessing! & the next day my mom/dad/amy/jason came to the new apartment and helped me unpack. My kitchen was FINISHED by the end of that day & my closet was too. Thanks for all your help family & friends!!!

3)I noticed that our fitted sheet was thinning out at the bottom (by my feet) and then finally ripped. I slept with them ripped (on my side only) for a good 2 weeks. Finally, we decided we needed new sheets and needed to shell out the $$ to do so. These aren't your cheap sheets...$50 for JUST a fitted sheet from Bed Bath & Beyond. We went to buy the new ones. While checking out I ask about a warranty or anything. I explained that we have had the sheets for 8 months, but they ripped. They are 600 thread count sheets, so higher quality that shouldn't be ripping. She flat out told us to bring them back & you can get the fitted sheet for free...replace it basically. We were REALLY confused. Went out to the car & discussed what we should do, because surely that lady was confused by what we were saying. No store would let you bring back 8 month old sheets & exchange for a new set for FREE. Well, we went back into the store & asked another person just to clarify...and surely enough that other lady wasn't confused. We ran home, grabbed our not washed fitted sheet, walked back into the store & they gave us credit back onto our card. We saved $50 that day. blessing #3

4) Teddy got paid double-time & half for Thanksgiving day & the day after. The amount he made in that two day period is the same for 2 weeks. Considering that we need to buy rental insurance, renew my ring insurance, christmas shopping, teddy is in a wedding as best man in 2 weeks in ft.worth($$$), plus continue to knock out this truck debt...it came at the perfect time. The Lord is sweet! blessing #4

5)We started this new book "Starting your marriage off right" by Dennis & Barbara Rainey. We got it as a gift at our regional staff conference for getting married this past year. I can already tell this book will be a blessing towards our marriage. We have committed to doing one chapter a week on Sundays. It promotes GREAT conversation, journaling, prayer, and action points. i love it! blessing #5

6) I know this might sound silly, yet again. But I can't tell you how much joy my first Christmas tree (as a grown up) is bringing me. I LOVE it. Just the fact that a random stranger blessed us with this 7 ft. AWESOME tree amazes me. The Lord continues to remind me that he cares about the little things too. He knew I wanted one SO bad...and he provided in a neat way. Plus, we got all our decorations for it 50% off at hobby lobby. :) blessing #6

7) Spending time with my family over thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We had great meaningful conversation throughout the time. It was a little hard for Teddy and I because he worked everyday that week 6am-6:30pm. He would come be with my family & see me for the first time all day. We didn't have much time for talking & connecting that week. He kept reminding me it's only for a week. The Lord was gracious to allow Teddy to have the following Saturday & Sunday off work. So we got to catch up on life & how we were doing those two days. Plus, we went on a date Saturday evening to Genghis Grill (yum!) & came home to watch Marley & me :) blessing #7

I'm sure I could keep going. I mostly wanted to write this down as a reminder to myself of how perfect our God is. He knows exactly what we need & when to give us our needs...or not. He has continued to answers many prayers that we pray every night. Love seeing Him work in our lives as a couple, daughter, son, sister, brother, and friend.

-Kells

No comments: