Wednesday, December 22, 2010

wedding time!

hello friends!! I've been busy, hence the lack of a post. I really wanted to try and hit 50 post for 2010...I don't really see that happening now. But, I did write more in 2010 then I did in 2008 & 2009. :)

Warning: LONG POST!

When I say busy...work is done. But I've been hanging out with people & traveling. Last Wednesday I spent lunch/afternoon with Kimbo & Cotterface. We have tried to spend time, just the 3 of us, this semester. If we don't have these intentional times, it's hard to remain connected since we aren't all roommates anymore.

This past weekend was Matt & Kinsey's wedding. It was a wonderful weekend!! I really enjoy Teddy's guy friends (my friends too)...which is a definite plus in marriage. Thursday I was with Matt, Josh, and Teddy for a significant period of time. I laughed a lot. Thursday night we hung out with Josh & his fun fiance Katie. I really like Katie too!! (I'm pretty excited about the possibility of us vacationing as 3 couples!)

Friday I dropped Teddy off over at Matt & Kinsey's new apartment. He spent the day with Matt running errands & hanging out. Friday night was the rehearsal/dinner. Rehearsal went great & dinner was YUMMY! That night were their bach parties. I went to Kinsey's for a couple of hours. It was fun & also full of LOTS of laughter. It was interesting being the only married girl our of 12. I guess that is what happens when you get married younger or first out of your friends. I loved Kins response to some things she opened...truly priceless. Friday night I went home & was reunited with Mary (after not seeing her basically all semester) & Cotter came over too. We stayed up until 2am just talking away. love nights like that with girlfriends :)...that doesn't happen much any more because of being married...you don't just have random sleepovers...ha!

Saturday Mary, Cotter, and I spent the day together. Mostly we just relaxed around my parents house. We went to lunch as this high class grill place...luckily they had lunch deals, so it wasn't too pricey. We got ready together & headed off to the wedding at 6:30pm. The wedding was beautiful! Kins looked amazing. Multiple times there was the swelling of tears, especially during the toast. Teddy was nervous about giving his speech, he doesn't prefer public speaking. Or I guess I could say he hates it. But I was really proud of him. Josh did great & so did Abby & Haley (her sister). Everything moved at a pretty quick pace during the reception because they didn't have the venue for much time. But they were still able to squeeze in everything you do at a typical reception. Matt even prepared a dance for Kinsey...it was so funny & GOOD! They definitely smashed cake into each others faces...they did this when they first started "talking", so I guess you could say its a tradition for them. They got each other GOOD. They left under sparklers...i love that. I wanted to do sparklers, but having an afternoon wedding made that a little impossible.
PICTURES:


Mary, Cot, and I hanging out on Saturday!


Mary & I waiting for the ceremony to start!


Teddy walking the mother of the bride down!


Kins & her dad walking down the aisle!


The beautiful bride!

Saturday night after the wedding we had to go drop off the presents off at Josh's house so he could deliver them to matt & kins once they get home from their moon! AFter that we (Teddy, Myself, Josh, Katie, Mark, Phil, Cameron, Rhyan, Jeffery) all went to Whataburger and ate a little bit. We were exhausted after the wedding but needed some food. Katie & I had to remind the guys they weren't at the bach party anymore & to watch their comments with us there ;)

Sunday morning Teddy and I drove to his Dad's up in Krum, TX. It is exactly 30 minutes north of my parents house. We spent a few hours there with his sisters, grandma, and step-mom. His dad wasn't home yet from the oil field. We passed off our gifts for them & we received our present from them. THE LYTLE'S ARE GETTING A NEW TV! :) Yep, it's official. We will buy one after Christmas when there are more deals. We are so thrilled to get rid of our 300 lb television. I feel like I need to take a picture of it or something so our kids will understand what a tv looked like when we were growing up...not flat screened. :) We spent a few hours there & got on the road back to LBK.

Monday my parents arrived in Lubbock. So we've been having dinner & afternoons with them. I went shopping yesterday with my dad to find my mom a Christmas present. Teddy has been working (mon-weds) so he just meets us in the evenings. Tonight we are having the Smith/Lytle/Hancock Christmas. I'm excited! I believe we are going out to dinner (the 6 of us) and then coming back to the Hancock's to open presents! Tomorrow we leave for iowa park! :) very excited to spend Christmas in IP/Wichita Falls!

So there you have it...my detailed past couple of days. I haven't wrote in details in a while...hopefully you made it to this point.:)

This wrapped up wedding season for the Lytle's in 2010 (ones we were apart of):
Our Wedding: March 14, 2010 (Bride & Groom) :)
Brett & Kim Marcos: July 31, 2010 (Kelli bridesmaid)
Matt & Kinsey Aquallo: December 18, 2010 (Teddy Best Man)

Next up 2011:
Josh & Katie (Kingry) Fields: March 12, 2011 (Teddy groomsman)
Steven & Megan (Reed) Jones: April 16, 2011 (Kelli honorary Bridesmaid/house party)
...both of which we found out this past weekend we will be apart of. We are SO excited!!

One of my friends has to get engaged after Reeders gets married. This has been the trend thus far in my friend group. Lori started it..got engaged December 2008 & married August 2009, I got engaged September 2009 & Married March 2010, Kim got engaged end of March 2010 & married July 2010, Reeders got engaged december 2010 & getting married in April. Who will be next?!?! :)

-Kells

1 comment:

Kim Marcos said...

You looked so pretty at the wedding! That dress looks GOOD on you :)