Tuesday, November 23, 2010

movingggggggggggg

the day has FINALLY arrived that we are moving to our new apartment. we are thrilled. I'm ready to have these boxes out of my line of sight. PLUS, it's just fun to be in a new place. :) Last night, I had a moment. The place we are in right now was the start of our young marriage. We've shared LOTS of memories in this tiny place the past 8 months. We spent a few minutes sharing our favorite memories & laughing all over again. Ventura flats apartment will always hold apart of our lives. :) (cheesy...i know)

bad news: we went over to the apartment last night when we got back into town (more on that later) I wanted to take care of the inventory sheet before we moved everything in. We walked into our apartment and found these little "bug bombs". Well, those didn't work. There are little baby & tad grown roaches that were all around. NO WAY! i hate roaches. This morning as soon as the office opened I called to ask to get something done IMMEDIATELY before we move our stuff in. I can't have roaches hanging out in my couches or enjoying MY food. pshh. So HOPEFULLY something will be done ASAP.

good news: I think we will really enjoy this place. I'm pretty sure i'm already in love with it & we don't have any furniture in yet. It's a little old, so our bedroom & living room don't have lights. ANNOYING. So we will be buying something. And we have this "amazing" gold chandelier for our dining room light. hilarious i tell you. I guess some people might think it's cool & vintage, I personally don't like it. But I'm already over it. Not to mention that our bathroom counter top has this ridiculous brown marble look...ha! It will be ok though. i love the space.

I've still got a few things I need to pack up. You know, the random crap that never seems to make it into a box. But for the most part, we are ready for 2:00. I am picking up the uhaul at noon with my mom & dad. :) yahooooooooo

I will add pictures soon. Note: we won't have internet probably until the end of the week in our new place.

-Kells

1 comment:

Braids by Drika HTX said...

I hope the roach problem is solved ASAP. I have lived with roaches before, and it was not pretty. Had me paranoid whenever I'd come back to Tech. Groooossss. The roach is the official God-forsaken creature.