Monday, November 8, 2010

cheap!

1. i have a Christmas tree sitting in my living room. a nice 7ft one. Can't wait to move in 2 weeks so I can set it up. yahooooooo Now I gotta get some ornaments & such. Again, I'm on the look out for FREE ones. this freecyle thing (mentioned in last post) is BRILLIANT.

2. Electricity. There have been moments in the midst of our marriage that I don't even want to open our electricity bill. And I'm like the light nazi around this house & while in college. I'm having to remind Teddy to turn off lights or I just get up and take care of it myself. At one point this summer our bill was up to $90. Some of y'all think that's really cheap...but really we live in a shoebox. 650 sq ft, 2 windows. The only problem is its an old apartment, our little air conditioner can't quite keep up, therefore it runs all day. Anyways, we went to the mail box yesterday and our lovely LP&L bill was in. This time I was excited to open it because with the weather changing our air doesn't run hardly at all. TWENTY-TWO DOLLARS. yep, that was it. I was THRILLED to pieces. I did a little celebrating in the car. PUMPED UP. That helps us this month as we are having more bills because of moving & such.

Random post, I know. But I needed to celebrate again. :) I don't think our new place will be as cheap....we will have vaulted ceilings.

-Kells

No comments: