Saturday, November 6, 2010

christmas tree

YES!

Last Saturday while Teddy and I were out shopping for Christmas I realized that we would be able to have our first christmas ortament AND we would have room in our new apartment for a "big girl tree". I've wanted a large Christmas tree since I was in college, but never lived in a place that would allow that to happen.

Well, as I said we are moving & and have SPACE! I can't even begin to tell you how STINKIN excited I am. Well, that excitment drifted away while we were shopping and I realized how expensive trees are. Goodness!

Still determined to have our first christmas with a Christmas tree, I posted it on facebook. Hoping that maybe someone had an extra one by chance or knew someone getting rid of one tree to get a better one. I posted it & didn't get much action. So I decided to post it again, and wala started getting response. Many people told me to look here & here & here...but I was convinced the Lord would provide us a free tree. I prayed for it. :)

My uncle recommended me looking into "freecyle" group in Lubbock. I had never heard of any such thing...but it exist. It probably exist in your town too...just google it & sign up. I posted that I wanted a christmas tree and had two responses in 3 days. BAM! The Lord is so gracious.

So tomorrow afternoon I will be picking up my first Christmas tree with my husband so we can celebrate our first christmas together properly. :)

Once again reminded that the Lord cares, even for the little things.


My hopes one day is to have a "silly tree" which would include paper ortaments with our kids faces on them (you know what I mean) & a formal tree for the front window (THE beautiful tree) We have ONE down, one to go. (oh and we need children too :)

-Kells

1 comment:

lisa said...

love this!i can loan madelyn to you for homemade ornaments! Last year I think she made 20? :)