Monday, November 1, 2010

lately!

I've been dreading writing this because so much has been going on.
1) we are moving across down in 3 weeks. Yes this was decided last week
2) I made a need recipe & we both really enjoyed it
3) it's already November & I don't know where time is going
4) processing multiple things with the Lord lately...mostly dealing with roles in marriage, stay at home vs working mom, biblical ways to raise a family...not because we are pregnant, just different things we are talking about for our future.
5) We've had two date nights two weekends in a row...it's been FUN.
so let me break a few of these down:

-We are moving. Our lease is up in December & so we started looking around. We found a place that had an opening on Nov 22nd. I asked my manager currently if we could get out of our lease early & break the 30 day notice. I got a yes on both (yay for a good relationship with her) So I went back the next day and we signed up & paid. We are moving from a 1 bedroom/1bath TINY place, to 1 bedroom/1bath/ bigger place. 811 sq ft...it feels SO big. :) One day I will probably laugh at that number as we have 5 kids & 2 adults living under one roof....one day. Things that i'm pumped about is a BIGGER kitchen (lots of counter space!), a dining space (no more dinners on coffee table), a big living room (can actually have people over), bigger bathroom (more storage for our stuff), huge walk in closet (yahoo!), and a smaller bedroom. I've realized that the bedroom isn't a HUGE deal...only Teddy and I are in there. So our values our the hosting space...which we have FINALLY. So yes, moving in 3 weeks is kind of crazy to think, but we are thrilled to pieces! I've gotta start packing ASAP!

-Let me just say, I spent 3 hours prepping for this dadgum dinner. I had to thaw TONS of chicken which took 45 mins in itself. Just lots of time...but it was SO yummy. Green chile chicken casserole. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/quick-and-easy-green-chile-chicken-enchilada-casserole/Detail.aspx It says "quick & easy"...bull crap. But either way, it was YUMMY. We had plenty of left overs too, that tasted great re-heated.

-This past weekend Teddy and I went on a date! Being on a cash budget, we have to save for a little while in order to go on our favorite date: Sushi! So this Friday night we got to go on our favorite date. We splurged and got two types of sushi & got habachi too. YUMMY! Then we went on an adventure to try and find a normal looking pumpkin two days before halloween. Nearly impossible people. But we finally scored & came home to carve. We were up until 1am carving. We haven't stayed up that late in FOREVER. It was fun to have good quality time. :) I made a owl sitting on a branch & Teddy made a spider & web.

-The stuff I'm processing with the Lord right now is long. Deserves a post all by itself. I will see about doing that some time later. It's good though & the Lord has done some fun things in my heart lately.


Ok, I've gotta get on dinner now.
-Kells

No comments: