Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"H"oly Moly

really? of course I would 2 weeks without writing. ha. see i told you people...& really these last 2 weeks there have been multiple times that I thought about writing but didn't. blah.

anyways...lots to catch up on.

Right now with the Lord I'm been really challenged to become more active in sharing my faith. Should have been something that is already a habit, but it's not. It's a scary thing at times...but I am commanded by Jesus himself to do it. (Matthew 28: 18-20) If i'm walking by the Spirit I will be fine. I'm excited that this is a huge part of my job this next year. I will be challenged daily to get on campus to share with students about our Saviour. what a sweet job.

I've been all over the place these last 2 weeks. Went to Norman for 5 days for Taylor's wedding. It was incredible. such a fun fun amazing wedding. I love her & so excited to see where the Lord has brought her. I got back to Keller and left 2 days later for Houston for 4 days. I went down there to hang with my mom's side of the family. It was fun to hang out with my 2 cousins that are in 7th & 8th grade. I love that they are getting older because I can talk to them about more solid things....and they understand more things. I do not like how they are already struggling with different things...they aren't verbally telling me that...but I hear it with what they say...things they will or won't do. But I do love that they still have that innocence about them. They hear a dirty word and it's "OMG that's gross, close your ears...etc etc"...you get my age & you have just become numb to it. When does this happen? hmm

I'm back in LBK now. I'm so glad to be back here & with my wonderful friends. Sunday was the hardest day of the summer by far. I had to watch one of my good friends Ben leave for the Navy. I gave him a picture book (36 pics) of all of our friends & he opened it to see what it was but immediately closed it and started crying. needless to say...the flood gates opened to all of us once he started showing emotion. I miss Ben already. I did talk to him through text later that day, and the next in the morning & afternoon. But now I will only be able to communicate by writing letters. But I am excited to do that. I know Ben is going to do so wonderful in the Navy...I can't wait to him already though. We had the chance to pray over him before he left...that was also very emotional. But the Lord will take him & protect him. Trusting in the Lord that he will find some Christian men in the navy that he can lean on & grow with.

Support...I'm at 96.9%! I have $1,008 left to raise. I worked my butt off last week calling around 50 people...and got $3,095 in one week committed. I'm expecting to be at 100% by Friday. I will continue follow up with people I have already started with, because it never hurts to have extra support. Mainly because at the end of my year I will be going on Summer Project...so it will be good to have that extra support for that so I won't have to raise any more. I'm definitely ready to start the job...can't wait for August 6th.

well this will do for an update...maybe now that I'm not so busy back in Lubbock I will be more consistent. (maybe...)

-Kelli
:::David Cook-Time of My Life:::

1 comment:

Shannon said...

kelli! Praise God that you are almost done with support raising. So awesome, and I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you have a blog so I can keep up to date with your adventures as a Cru intern. I'm adding you to my blog friends!