Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"C"an He...Will He...



The Lord is able. trust.

....i'm learning this. I'm learning how much disbelief I have in my Father. This was brought to my attention (once again) after reading a chapter in Breaking Free. ( p.s. LOVE this book) I realized how this unbelief plays out in my everyday life....with restoring relationships, raising support, my future, my family...just everywhere.

"We can believe in Christ, accepting the truth that He is the Son of god, and we can believe on Christ, receiving eternal salvation, yet fail to stand firm in belief and choose to find Him truthworthy day to day." -Beth Moore

There is a passage in the bible (Mark 9:21-24) where a dad asked Jesus to heal his son...if he can. Jesus responded by saying (something we've heard over and over) "Everything is possible for him who believes." The father responded by saying, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief." Bam admitting his weakness & asking for help. There are times when I don't believe and I need to be reminded of God's amazing grace & guidance. I walked away thinking, its ok to have these concerns, but turn to Christ and ask him to help you. My title of my blog is walking with steadfast belief....I'm getting here. please be patient. :)

"Christ isn't asking us to believe in our ability to exercise unwavering faith. He is asking us to believe that He is able."

Do you think Christ is able? .....in every area of your heart...

-Kelli
::::Automatic Loveletter-Hush::::

No comments: