Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"G"oing to the Chapel

i have no clue why the font is all messed up in the previous font....maybe because I wrote that at like 3am...i was tired.

anyways---after an amazing weekend I was exhausted (like I said in the last post)...but I literally came home and passed out at like 9pm. I was laying next to my mom in her bed talking to her & bam...gone. I felt bad because I really wanted to hang out with her but I couldn't for the LIFE of me stay awake. And my parents left again the next morning for Denver. I'm ready to be around them for a steady amount of time...not one day here...couple hours there. The house is SO quiet without them here. I'm pumped about going to Houston next week with them. It should be a good quality time with my parents...which I want. (never would've said that back in HS...yay for growing up)

speaking of quiet around the house...i have a hard time with quiet. I've known this about myself for a while now...but I'm learning how to be quiet. Not just with talking...(haha laugh it up...) but quiet before the Lord. Last week I talk to some friends about how important I think it is to have this quiet /alone time with the Lord. No music...no noise...silence. I find myself drowning out the Lord with noise in my life. Sitting at the Lord's feet waiting & listening. Why don't I do this more?

Sunday at church the pastor reminded us that God is everywhere. He is THAT big. On the way home to ft.worth Teddy & I got into a conversation about heaven & how BIG God truly is. We both look up & just kinda sat there in awe. Plus, the sky looked absolutely amazing that day...I love that I can find the beauty of the Lord in nature. Also, how I do not compare to His glory. It's sooo hard to fathom God being everywhere...but He is. That drive was full of random...wow God moments.

today was a interesting day. i discovered that i could lower my support amount by $5,200 because I won't be using Crusade insurance...I will be on my parent's plan still. So that's amazing and all...but then I realized I had been calculating wrong. I had been saying my total amount was around $4,000 less then what it really was. So I actually wasn't at 79.8% this whole time...more like 69%. bummer. But if you factor in this new insurance discovery...then I am actually at 81%. I'm still trying to get all the kinks worked out in this process....but gah...it was an Up & Down day for me. I was on the phone all day trying to get this figured out, plus making support phone calls. It's getting down to the wire. I still have quite a few people to get in touch with...so I'm remaining confident.

I'm headed to Norman, OK tomorrow! I'm really excited because I'm going to be in a wedding. My dear summer project friend (picture:2 summers ago during women's time!) is getting married on Saturday! I love taylor & soooo honored that she asked me to be apart of her special day as a bridesmaid. I'm looking forward to relaxing for the next couple of days with her & our other super close summer project friend. It's fun because I've been here the last 2 years with her through this relationship....summer project is where a lot of stepping stones were made for their relationship. I just loved watching the Lord mold them into this couple that is truly ready to get married. It's going to be a HUGE wedding & super fancy...so I'm excited to be glamorous for about 3 days....it's fun to do every once in a while. But I promise...come monday I will be right back in my tshirt & jeans :)

-Kelli
:::Addison Road--What Do I Know of Holy (listen to the lyrics):::

No comments: