Saturday, July 5, 2008

"E"xalting Christ

I just saw the movie Hancock and I really enjoyed it. I know many critics tore into the movie and i didn't really even know what to expect...but it was great. The over all thing that I enjoyed was that Hancock sacrificed his own happiness in order to make his "wife" happy. He was a perfect picture of selflessness. Oh how I need to work on this...

Last night I got to see Crimson Soul and Shane & Shane in concert. Absolutely incredible I tell ya. There is something about worshiping the Lord outside....it's freeing. Shane & Shane drained me....dancing...singing at the TOP of my lungs...Praising the Lord like there is no one around me. I was challenged & humbled when I walked away from that experience. I was reminded once more (probably could never hear this enough) that God "slaughtered" His own son. What a powerful word...slaughter. Also, I was challenged to learn how to worship the Lord like i did last night on a everyday bases. I think we usually think of worship with music....we all need music to worship the Lord. This isn't true. I can be grateful, thankful, trusting, all of the above everyday without music. I think if my relationship with the Lord was like this it would radically change me. From the inside out. If i was in a constant state of worship, this would mean that God is on my mind constantly.....1st priority...at all times...in all situations. Jules challenged me by telling me it starts with prayer. Funny enough my chapter I studied this morning was about prayerlessness. I'm still trying to swallow what I read this morning.

-Kelli
:::Shane & Shane--Beg::::

No comments: