Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"B"eauty in a Father's Love


Tonight I went to the movies with my hotttt date Mary! We saw Wall-E and I really didn't know what to expect. But it was great... made me laugh/smile/giggle/...yadda yadda. Overall fun movie. But what left a lasting impression on me was the daddy & daughter that sat next to me. I LOVE watching a dad interact with his daughter...it absolutely makes me melt. They had to get up two times to go (what i'm assuming) to the "potty" and he got up willing missing important parts of the movie. She climbed into his lab 2 times and he just held her tight. soo cute. She would whisper to him and he would focus on her completely while she talked to him. Then I got to thinking...wow this is me and my heavenly father. I'm often wanting to just climb up in my Father's lab and rest. He is more than willing to let me do this too. I whisper to Him often & He listens with every fiber of His body. He's so gentle and loving. I just love how God allows us to see His character in the relationships here are earth. I think He has purpose in that. He knows we have a hard time believing as it is...so this gives us something tangible to relate our relationship with the Lord. He is a smart smart God. :)

Today i read about pride. Honestly, I knew this chapter in my book (Breaking Free-Beth Moore) was next and I delayed reading it. Who honestly wants to read about pride...considering that majority of us struggle with it. I just knew the Lord would show something to me...one of my favorite verses from day was Daniel 4:37 " Those who walk in pride He is able to humble." I memorized this one. I don't want to be at that point where the Lord needs to humble me because I feel like it would mean dirty work needs to be taken care of. Oh how I want to be able to humble myself before his feet. The other thing that I liked from the book today was this saying, "Humility takes a supply of supernatural strength that comes only to those who are strong enough to admit weakness." Take a moment to think about how true that is. Are you willing to admit you are weak? Weakness that can be made strong through the Lord.

Raising support is going good right now. I have 74.5% at the moment....with 5 weeks left. I KNOW and BELIEVE the Lord will finish this off. During one of my support meetings (with a complete stranger) they encouraged me by say clearly the Lord has called you to be involved with this ministry for at least a year. It's not a matter of "if" He will bring the money in, its just a matter of "when" He will do it. He might wait until July 31st...making me trust in Him even more. Or He just might bring it all in in the next couple of weeks (pray for the latter :) ) All I know is that I cannot wait to be able to serve Him. To be able to minister to those around me. To have people teach me. I am ready with an open heart.

Been running lately. it sucks. yep absolutely miserable. but i'm pushing through...trying to keep it up. get back to me in about a week...we'll see where I'm at. :) this is one area that I lack SEVERE commitment....boo

-Kelli
::check out Justin Nozuka's music...i like him::

No comments: