Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"tshirt fans"

Ok, I'm annoyed.

I just don't understand why people can't root for a certain team because they want to. This usually is brought up around the UT game...because apparently so many UT fans are "tshirt fans". Who cares?!

If I went to a small school who didn't have a football team, but enjoyed football I would probably root for the team that will win often, go to BCS bowls, and win National Championships occasionally. If I didn't go to college, again I would choose a team to root for that wins often. No one likes defeat, so why in the world would you choose a team that is going to lose every game? You wouldn't. We like to celebrate, we like to win. Duh, you will choose the team that will do that.

I just don't get why people insist that you have some type of "connection" to the school or town, in order to root for them. That is just lame. You root for your team (for your own reasons) and I will root for mine.

All this to say, chill out. And quit being so dadgum defensive. Let people enjoy being on the winning end.
the end.

-Kells

2 comments:

Taylor said...

haha I have no idea what made you dedicate a whole blog post to this, but I assume that something happened or someone said something! I am going to OU/Tx this weekend! CANT WAIT!

Braids by Drika HTX said...

This made me laugh out loud, literally. I understand your frustrations, but from the other side, when certain "t-shirt fans" start talking smack hardcore about a school they don't even go to, the lack of ownership just makes the whole exchange annoying to a certain extent....especially with UT fans from Lubbock. Ugh.