Saturday, September 4, 2010

saturday morning

....TV sucks. :) We don't have cable so on Saturday mornings or Sunday afternoons after church there is NOTHING on TV. Apparently, college football started today. I would have no clue because all I see is infomercials, cartoons, and garden shows. I mean literally, I'm watching this garden/back yard show.

Teddy just left to play golf & grab lunch with Brett & Calder. I think I'm gonna clean around here for a little bit, make a grocery list, and spend time with Jesus.

Guess what happened a year ago today?


We got engaged!!! :) In 10 days we are celebrating 6 months of marriage. All I can say is PRAISE THE LORD for short engagements. I can't imagine having a year long engagement and barely be married at this point. That would be weird. I tell everyone that if you can have a short engagement DO IT. Totally worth it for many different reasons.

What's been happening lately? Well again, work has taken off. I've been busy busy busy & tired tired tired. Holding conversations for hours and hours with different people is exhausting...but fun! We have met SOO many people during this last first full week of classes. We were praying that we would have 200 people in Bible studies this first week...and we had 206! PRAISE GOD! God is clearly at work in the hearts of students, that they would take the initiative to engage in Christian community & study the Bible together. It was truly an amazing week!

This week I enjoyed being part-time. At first I felt guilt leaving campus early or running errands. But I constantly have to remind myself that I'm part-time...it's just hard to make that adjustment from the past 2 years to now. I was able to go to the bank, pharmacy, grocery story, eat lunch at home and get gas one day during a 2 hour break I had. I felt like I had LOTS of time with students this week too. It was a good balance.

My car started messing up last Saturday. My a/c kept going off & on. It continued all week & made me sweat ALOT in my car. :) Well Wednesday I noticed a sweet smell, but also a burning smell too. When Teddy got home from work we decided we needed to take it to the shop. On the way there it started over heating. So Teddy guessed it was my radiator. Well, indeed it was. Of course I had my moment of not trusting God with our finances. We were thinking it was going to be around $1,000...but it was only $427. I know I say ONLY...but we thought that was a SUPER blessing. We were able to pick it up yesterday afternoon.

I've started this 28 day devotional on the 1st. It's called the four seven's. It's something that Crusade has made. It's great so far. We are walking through the book of Luke. I spend time in prayer, read the passage, answer some questions that are thought provoking, and pray again. All together it's about 30 mins a day. I've definitely found it rewarding so far. Today is day four and so far I'm finding my desire to spend time in the Word is increasing. :) yay!

OH GOSH, I just realized this garden show I'm watching is on PBS. What on earth am I doing watching PBS? ha!


So on this past Monday I came home to a CLEAN home. Teddy had the day off and used it to clean our living room and kitchen. I was beyond grateful!! I just kept saying Thank You over and over. It was such a sweet thing for him to do. It makes it so wonderful to come home to a clean home. LOVE IT.

I will leave you with my current favorite picture of us :)


Have a wonderful Labor day weekend!
-Kells

No comments: