Monday, September 13, 2010

Ten things...Monday

Normally, I will plan during this time. But...I'm done. I did quite a bit of planning yesterday afternoon. So this morning is pretty easy going. I saw my good friend Katie ( ) did this for her Monday & thought it was fun.

Here is goes:

10. Teddy came home from work this past Tuesday and informed me his schedule for work is changing. BOO. We had really enjoyed M-F 7-3:30pm schedule. Now he is working 12 hour shifts. He will work 4 days one week & 3 days the next. I mean sure, he will have 4 days off every other week. But this schedule doesn't give him free weekends. It just changes week to week. Which drives me NUTS. Even yesterday (sunday) he had to work 6am-6pm. = boring day for me at home.

9. This weekend was our church Experience Life (elife) 3 year birthday. We got to celebrate by going to church Saturday night. I love this church. We have been going for almost two years (Nov). We are officially the 2nd fastest growing church in America (2010). There have been at least 1500 people who have made first time decisions to enter into a relationship with Christ during these 3 years. That just makes me smile. 500 people come to weekly prayer (WOW!). The Lord is truly doing something in Lubbock

8. Last night the cowboys lost. I was brought up to hate the cowboys. But now I have married a man who is die hard cowboy fan. TENSION. :) Let's just say I root for the cowboys bc it makes my husband happy. I would prefer them to win bc it makes my husband happy. But for the record, if the Broncos play the Cowgirls (whoops!) I will forever root for the Broncos.

7. As I blogged a while ago about our sprint towards being debt free. All we have left is Teddy's truck. woohoo!! We are chasing it down & demolishing it. :) Oh & we just re-evaluated our budget...meaning we switched some money around. We reduced eating out money & put that towards groceries. WE HAVE TO LEARN TO COOK/EAT AT HOME. It really is a must but not necessarily fun

6. I need a hair cut. It's been 3 months & I have a slight "bob" cut. So when it starts growing it can look silly. I think I need to grow it out again so I don't have to get it cut as often. It doesn't work on a tight budget.

5. I'm now on day 13 of the "Four Sevens" (also mentioned earlier in my blog) 13 straight days of being in the word (going through Luke). I definitely found myself waiting too late at night and really not wanting to do it. Sure, sometime it's good to continue out of obedience...but I don't want my heart to do this out of obligation. But those days when it feels like that, I push through. And good thing--because 2 days later I really had a desire again.

4. Yesterday I slept until 10:50am. I cannot tell you the last time that happened. I haven't been able to sleep that well, so that could explain it. Even last night I just tossed and turned. I realized I had work stuff running through my mind. That doesn't happen to me that often. Even at one point last night I said, "What do you want God?" I prayed for a little bit & fell back to sleep for a little bit. I'm dragging this morning.

3. Ever since my wonderful husband cleaned our living room we have done a great job at keeping it that way. Sure, there is some stuff left out over night & maybe 2 days in a row. But it still feels good to walk in to a semi-clean place. :)

2. I would guess majority of you don't know this (considering lots of random people read this) But I have eczema on my calfs. It comes & goes...but usually around this time on it can start to flair back up. I didn't want to go back to the dermatologist again to have them tell me I have eczema (duh) and prescribe me the creme. All I want is the creme, but its' been 2 years so there is no way they would give me the prescription randomly. So I did some research online and found out about Cortizone 10: Intensive Healing Lotion with a focus on Eczema. I thought, score! Well I used it for 2 days straight and it REALLY worked. So if you have eczema & don't want to spend the money for the doctor....go buy this for $9.99. :)

1. Tomorrow my husband and I have been married for half a year. WHOA NELLY! I can't believe 6 months have passed us by already. It has been wonderful. I truly love being married & working through the ups & downs that come with two sinners living closely together. The saying that marriage isn't there to make you happy, but more holy is TOTALLY true. :) i love you Teddy!!!

Have a good week everyone!!
-Kells

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know cooking is really the best way to go. I love to cook, it has become a small passion since I have moved to Orlando. Plus Orlando has tons of Farmer's Markets that are super cheap. The food tastes amazing and my budget never goes over.

Your church sounds pretty amazing. I am excited about what God is doing out there. I wish that kind of revival would come to all the cities, discipleship is soo needed in so many communities. The Lord is really starting to give me a heart for the inner city because of the lack of discipleship.

Glad you are pushing through on reading your Word. I need to get on your level. I will put it off and then feel empty the next day. It is one of my favorite books, Im a history junkie and the Jewish community has tons of history.
Anywho have a good day, praying for you.