Wednesday, September 15, 2010

my heart

I don't understand my heart sometime. Why the Lord has given me a heart filled with compassion for people I don't know walking through struggles? It's fine, but I'm still got off guard sometimes by tears streaming down my face as I pray for a person I don't know.

Last week I was captivated by a story I heard on K-Love. If you listen to Sanctus Real on Klove or Air1 you might already know this story. But the lead singer Matt & his wife, Sarah, just had a baby boy at the end of last week. His name is Bowen Matthew. precious.

Well they found out in April he was missing part of his heart and the chanced of him living was pretty slim. (enter tears) Well they had they finished to full term & delivered. He had heart surgery Monday & it went well. Then it turned for the worse that night (again enter tears, while driving) The baby is still alive right now. If you want to follow the story fully go to www.bowensheart.com It's such a sweet story. And while you are at it, say a prayer for the family. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ZQKzzyaJI go watch this video. It's the story behind Josh Wilson's song Before the morning. Tim (the guy speaking) is a pastor at my church & they also did Teddy & I's pre-marital counseling. Their little boy has the same condition that Bowen does.

This summer I was also captivated by a random story. A student from my Branson summer project invited me to a facebook group to pray for this guy named David Camp. I don't normally just join random groups but for some reason I wanted to read. So I started reading everything & my heart was hurting for him & his family. I literally did everything I could to make sure I could keep reading (on facebook) updates on this guy (all the way on the East coast). I prayed and prayed. I still think of his girlfriend at times, because I cried and cried out of compassion for her. He did pass away & with God now. He apparently was a great person who loved Christ & people.

One of my friends father died this summer. I cried and cried for her too. My heart was just SOOO heavy for her & her family. All i could do was pray, because I lived far away.

It's a pattern that has happened a lot. I can't even keep count the amount of stories or people I have prayed for and cried about because of the result of my heart hurting for them.

You might find all this crazy. But, I truly believe the Lord gave me this heart to pray for others. And the Lord consistently brings new stories into my life--so I can pray.

-Kells

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could easily have the spiritual gift of Mercy and Intercession. Hearts like that are so needed. I go through periods like that, having a sleepless night praying and crying out to the Lord for someone else. Its crazy how the Holy Spirit works in that way.