Tuesday, September 28, 2010

health

hey friends,

my name is Kelli and I'm taking steps to improve my health. It's lasted now for almost an entire week. Considering my run after this previous times, this has been better. Wednesday at our lifehouse (bible study with church) after our lesson was over we got into talking about health and fitness. One guy had lost 40 lbs on P90x, a girl lost 15 lbs just by working out, one girl just started going to classes. She made a funny statement: "When you sign that marriage license you are doomed in gaining some weight." Unfortunately, this has been my case. And the case of many women around me.

Teddy and I continued to talk about it that evening. We knew we needed to adjust our budget so we could eat healthier & be able to work out. This is important. Ultimately, this will affect doctor visits and meds that follow that. We got up Thursday morning and went for a walk/short run around our park. Friday I went walking in the morning again. Saturday we went on a walk/run in a different park mid morning. Sunday we didn't.

What happened Sunday was adjustments to our budget so we could add in a gym membership. We've been members before with Freedom Fitness, but didn't utilize it enough. Our commitment we made was we would use our membership/workout 20 day out of the month. This allows some flex on weeks where it might be harder to get to the gym. But even if we went for a walk/run while we are out of town that counts. If we do meet our 20 days then we will continue to allow it to come out of our over-all budget. If we do less then that, then we have to pay for our membership out of our actual allowance money (side note: money that we can do anything and everything, without question from the spouse....wanna know more, ask me. It's genius idea I learned from other couples)

Monday we went and signed up again. $10 a month for each of us. Not bad. Teddy worked out in the afternoon (off work) and I worked out before dinner. Today we are going to work out together after dinner. Most of the time I will probably work out in the mornings. Teddy's schedule is a little difficult to work with because of his 12 hour shifts. He's even considering waking up at 4:30am to go work out, shower, and be at work by 6am. Whew!

We are trying to take baby steps with eating healthy. That's the hardest part. But we are going to take steps towards this and try HARD.

We did take before pictures. Yes, we want to get healthier, but also more fit. I could definitely lost 15 lbs & shed some inches. So I'm hoping that in this we not only change our life style but we end up looking good too. :)

You wanna be healthy with me?
-Kells

3 comments:

Jason said...

We have been getting up at 430 to work out during the week. At first it is tough, but (at least in my case) it get easier. My problem is just making myself workout other days.

Unknown said...

i will try to be healthy with ya :)

Taylor said...

good for you! I have been working out about 4 times a week- love it! and I cut out soda all together! Its working for me!