Sunday, September 19, 2010

weekend update!

oh goodness this weekend was great. GREAT I tell ya.

This past Tuesday was Teddy and I 6 month mark of marriage. He came home with pretty flowers that I've been caring for all week. He told me we would go on a date Friday night.

When I came home Friday after work he was all smiles. Ready to take me out. He had even picked out a dress for me to wear. That has never happened in our relationship & it was just the special touch. Before I could put a dress on he wanted to go bowling first at like 4:30. So we did! We whooped me in both games. :)

We came back home & got all spiffy.We went to dinner at Olive Garden. It was SO yummy. When we got there one of the students involved in CRU was working. He told us to sit in his section & he could give us some free stuff. He truly blessed us. Our dinner was SO yum, salad & bread, and TWO different desserts. Conversation was fun. We wanted to go to the Tech choir concert after dinner, but we were there a little bit longer then we expected. So we rented a movie and went home.




I felt so cared for & loved. I love how my husband works hard to make me feel special to him. He's truly a gift.

Yesterday, we slept in until 11am. Got up and made waffles for breakfast/lunch, lounged around watching football, went to the grocery store together, took a nap watching football, then went to church at 6:30. The pastor preached for 30 mins, then we watched the UT/Tech football game on our HUGE 20 foot screen. Then had AMAZING worship at halftime. It was the perfect day...except the football loss. I loved the day with Teddy.

Today, Teddy had to work 6am-6pm. I woke up at 8:30am and have been doing all sorts of things. Teddy wanted me to bring him a pepsi from home & his Systematic Theology book from home so he wouldn't be bored at work today. So I went up to the old jail to give him those things then went to United to get quarters for laundry. Started 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned up the living room, did the dishes, swept the floors (wood floors always need to be swept), folded 4 loads of laundry, had my time with the Lord, finished the movie we started Friday night (i fell alseep--and wanted to finish), and about to cook dinner. I would like to call this the ultimate wife day. :) It's truly becoming a joy to do laundry for Teddy. Strange I know...I used to hate laundry. But the boy needs clean undies & work clothes and I love making it my responsibility to make sure that happens each week. His job is stressful, so if I can make it non-stressful at home--I try to do so. The Lord can change hearts, i mean seriously, I never thought I would say I like doing laundry & cleaning. :)

Anyways, that was probably a boring post for you. But this blog is also for me so I can look back on the years & smile. This is a weekend I can definitely smile at.

have a wonderful day!
-Kells

4 comments:

Taylor said...

you're so fun and cute and such a great wife! LOVE YOU!!!

Katie said...

loved this post!! soo sweet of teddy and soo sweet of you!!

Kim Marcos said...

so teddy BOUGHT you a new dress or just picked out one you already have? because the one in the picture doesn't look familiar...and it is WAY cute!

KLytle said...

nope, it's a dress I've had for a while. But it still had tags on it :) I was a little unsure about it, but it looked fine!

love each of you girls!