Friday, September 24, 2010

yummy chili!

I decided for dinner tonight I would make a new recipe...Chili! I've never made this before, so I was pretty excited. I found this recipe a while ago, but waited and waited to buy the ingredients because I think chili = cold weather. But whatever, I finally broke down and bought a few things we needed, the rest I had already! (love that feeling)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Debdoozies-Blue-Ribbon-Chili/Detail.aspx

Ingredients

* 1 pound ground beef
* 1/4 onion, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1-1/4 cups tomato sauce
* 1/2 (8 ounce) jar salsa
* 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
* 1/2 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
* 1/2 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans

Directions:
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
2. Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.


YUM! We had saltine crackers with it. It was good. One thing I changed: I used just one can of dark red kidney beans, instead of two halves of two different kinds. These ingredients were for a serving of 4. If I had 2 pounds of ground beef I probably would've done servings for 8, and freeze the extra.

happy weekend!
-Kells

1 comment:

Jason said...

if yall are chili fans we like to use the Shotgun Willie's mix that you can get at United. It is really good. If you have a pressure cooker I also have a good recipe that uses a pressure cooker to make a stew like chili.

I think I am gonna have to make chili now.