Monday, August 23, 2010

where have i been?

well I will tell ya...
Been at work meetings everyday, chasing details after I leave work, on the phone a lot, texting many students, updating facebook group for work, sending FB messages, oh & not feeling good.

So yea, work is in full swing. I really enjoy my staff team & getting in the Word with them. We've been meeting now for 2 weeks & feel really excited about the school year starting. We kick off officially tomorrow with a party for people involved, wednesday we have "the big something" where lots of new people come get free food & meet people on campus, Thursday we give away 1600 free tshirts from 10:30-1:00, grab lunch 1:00-2:00, start knocking door to door with contacts we received the night before 2:00-4:00, a ministry wide texting party at 4:00pm (texting EVERY contact who said Yes to our two questions from getting a free t shirt...usually around 900 students...not a typo) to let them know CRU is THAT night at 7:30 & invite them, come home from maybe 5:30-7:30 grab a quick dinner, put my feet up for a few mins & head back to campus for Crusade at 7:30-9:00pm.

WHEW! I will probably meet around 150 new people in the span of 3 days. Maybe more...my job is exciting!

As far as my health stuff I said up there...Monday I started feeling a tad dizzy. Tuesday it was the same, so I didn't go to staff meeting & went to the doctor once Teddy got home. They found some ear wax in my ear & washed it out. Prescripted me some ear drops for irritation & we were on our way. Except, I still felt it for a little bit weds & thurs. Thursday night my dizziness increased ALOT...so Friday morning i got blood work done. All those counts came back normal & no i'm not prego. So we still dont know what hte deal is. I felt better throughout the weekend, but not 100%. Today, i'm still not 100%. Still have little spells of "whoa.." dizzy business. Might get a head scan if this doesn't clear up. Pray for wisdom in this. :)

We've been cooking fools around here lately. Thursday night we had pork chops, ranch style beans, and salad. Thursday night I decided we were going to have chicken for dinner friday night...so we started the marinating process thursday night. By Friday night they were AMAZING. We baked them & had garlic potatoes, and salad. Friday night I had decided that we were going to make waffles from a new recipe for brunch. They were yummy, but I wouldn't necessarily say they tasted SOOO much better then bisquick. But we still enjoyed them. And if was fun to measure & try something new.

Wanna try?
Peach Tree Tea Room Waffles
2 cups flour
1 Tbl baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt (add 1 tbl vinegar to milk to make buttermilk)...new thing for me to learn
3 large eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup nuts (optional)...Teddy doesn't like

1) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Stir in buttermilk & eggs, beating with a spoon until smooth.
2) Add melted butter & optional nuts. Blend well
3) Allow batter to rest for a least 1 hour, or it can be refrigerated over night. (we just put it in the freezer for about 15 mins...worked fine)
4) Bake in prepared waffle iron



until next time...
-Kells

No comments: