Friday, August 13, 2010

new obsession

Yes, I have a new obsession. It consist of learning about marriage & everything that goes with that. But the key is I'm wanting to learn biblical things about marriage. I search high & low for sermons (from trusted pastors) & read lots of church blogs. I just LOVE learning more about God's design for marriage & how those specific things can & will play out within my marriage.

So--my time with the Lord lately has been surrounded by this. I do feel connected to the Lord a lot lately (in comparison to my desert dry summer) But I feel like I'm missing out on scripture. Sure, these sermons & blogs point back to scripture constantly...but I'm not taking the time to look them up.

The simplicity of reading the Word of God.

Today I did do a study out of my Women of the Bible study--but it took me to the Word. I LOVED it. I mean yes, I was drawn into a marriage study AGAIN. (but whatever--it is a new stage I'm in...I probably shouldn't fight learning about it so much) But it was good good good.

Here are some Promises in Scripture:

"For you are people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasure possession." -Deuteronomy 7:6

"Praise be to the Lord, for he showed his wonderful love to me." -Psalm 31:21

"For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation."- Psalm 129:4

"I have loved you with an everlasting love." -Jeremiah 31:3

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephanish 3:17


ahh i love those scriptures. Delight, Love, Treasured, Crowned, Rejoicing...all this God feels for ME. I just breathe these in & feel this overwhelming love. WONDERFUL love.

I needed this reminder. I think most girls need this reminder weekly. I wonder how this resonates with men? I would think it would be harder to be wooed by the Lord using those words. (random thought)



(a beautiful prayer for you to pray)
Lord, I have placed you as a seal over my heart. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate me from your love. AMEN.


-Kells

1 comment:

Richard & Lori said...

Zephaniah 3:17 is one of those verses that makes my heart melt for the Lord. Every time I read it just makes me feel so precious to the Lord.

I love that you feel connected to Him right now. I love you! :)