Tuesday, August 10, 2010

a refreshing reminder

this blog post was stolen completely from : http://graceandguts.net/
Be encouraged!

What do you need most today?

What would renew your hope, squelch your fears, and calm your soul?

As for me: I don’t need a vacation or a quiet walk. I need to know I am loved and forgiven. Loved in spite of my mistakes and short comings. Forgiven even when I keep tripping and falling down. The simple fact is that I am loved by a God who sees all of me and knows all I’ve done or not done and still choose to call me to be his child, his beloved child. Truly, amazing love.

Enjoy this writing from Paul Tripp. His grace-filled words serve as refreshing reminder for each of us.

It is such a comfort to me, such a source of hope and strength and daily joy. It gives me reason to get up in the morning and to press on even when I am discouraged and weak, and lonely and afraid. It gives me reason to face with courage the struggles within and the difficulties without. It reminds me that I can stand before You as I am, completely unafraid and ask of You what I have asked before and will ask again: Your forgiveness and Your help.

What gives me this courage? What offers me this hope? It is this one thing. I know for certain that there are two words that I’ll never hear. I know that You will never look at me in the eye and say to me, “Go away!” You will never send me from Your presence. You will not drive me from Your grace. You will not separate me from Your glory. You will not eliminate me from Your promises. You will never ever, ever send me away. Because Your anger was borne by Another. Because my separation was carried by Him. Because He was sent away, I will never be.

So, in weakness, failure, foolishness, and sin, I stand before You once more with courage, hope, comfort, and joy. because I know that in all the dark things that may be whispered to me in this dark and fallen world there are two words I will never hear. And so with gratitude and joy I get up to face the day but as I do, I do it without fear.



LOVING this post. :)
-Kells

No comments: