Sunday, August 15, 2010

really...two years?




Two years ago yesterday my wonderful husband asked me to be his girlfriend. If you are my friend you probably know the detailed version of that story. I will NEVER forget THAT step in his old house. Or that the Olympics were happening during that time. Or that they had NO furniture in the living room...so we always had to sit on the floor. Or that after LOTS of prayer & confusion the Lord gave me the go ahead to date Teddy June 17, 2008. We had our first date July 28, 2008 (Olive Garden). And we had the DTR talk early morning (midnight-ish) on August 14, 2008. It's still fun to reflect on the direction & guidance the Lord had starting with our friendship March 2007. If you know me...I LOVE love stories. So of course I love mine. :)

Even more fun is that we got to celebrate FIVE MONTHS of marriage yesterday. Goodness! Next month we will already be in for a half a year. Time FLIES. We love it though. After Teddy had brushed his teeth & I was still lounging in bed (lets say around 11:15am :) ) he jumped in bed and said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :) I'm big on dates...if you couldn't tell. So we will be celebrating (usually a date) each month up until our one year. After that...I will probably let up a tad...we'll see.

To celebrate we went to the Science Spectrum...for almost 5 hours :) We also saw one of their Omni Max movies. That wasn't really worth the $8/ticket...plus I felt dizzy & nauseous almost the entire time. That type of screen will do silly things to you. We spent all but 45 mins (the movie) in that place exploring & playing. We really enjoyed ourselves. We played with bubbles, dominos, music things, sciences of sports, color tricks, fishy...etc etc. You might think it's only for kids...which yes there were LOTS of kids...but we had a blast :)

After, we went to pick up our curtains from JcPenny's that we've been waiting on. We hung them up & I was disappointed. (ha!) So we are probably going to take them back. You see, our living room window faces West. So in the evenings while the sun is going down it's WAY hot in our living room/kitchen. Our poor little AC unit can't keep up. I'm wanting some curtains that block out the sun & it's heat. We thought the ones we bought were just that...NOPE. Way too thin & lets light in. Not what I wanted. So we will probably have to order curtains AGAIN & wait another 2 weeks AGAIN. Eventually we will get it right :)

Oh and we watched The Bounty Hunter. We thought it was good. We went to red box wanting to watch: Letters to God, The Last Song, or Date Night. nada. So we settled for bounty hunter...but pleasantly surprised. We laughed a bit. I mean no...not my favorite movie. But 10 times better then Leap Year (we rented 2 weekends ago...we had to turn it off) Now, that's what you call settling for a movie. BLAH.

Over all, a PERFECT day together. Here's to 95,305,063 more days of LOVE. :)

-Kells

1 comment:

Braids by Drika HTX said...

Congrats on two years of love and growth together. The whole curtain thing sounds bogus. What the rip-off? Hope you find some nice, thick curtains soon :)