Saturday, May 7, 2011

wrapping it up!

My work for this Spring is quickly coming to a close. Students are in the middle of finals. We as a staff team are in the middle of planning (for next year) & evaluation (for this year). We spend A LOT of time doing this. Wednesday-Friday we spent 12 hours in planning & evaluation mode. We still have Monday & Tuesday left (10am-3pm) and then it's over. I actually enjoy these meetings! Plus, I love the staff team. There are definitely times we get on one topic that is a LONG conversation and I can get restless. But mostly, I like it! :) Wednesday is our "release" date. Next on schedule-continue raising support & head to Colorado around June 11th!

It feels CRAZY to me that the year is already over. I'm hoping this time next year we will be done raising our monthly support and headed to Branson for summer project. That's just my preference, but there is no telling if that will actually happen. I just LOVED Branson summer project in 2009 and would LOVE for Teddy to have that be his first experience with summer project!

It's been fun this week with raising support because there has been at least one check in the mail every day. We are currently at $1500! Many thousands left to go, but we are encouraged! I believe that puts us at 7% of our goal. Pray this would continue! Teddy is learning how to document everything & the art of writing thank you notes. He is a quick learner, which is SUPER helpful as we merge into the same job. He has spent so much time learning more and more about Crusade in the past month through staff resources online. I love seeing him SO excited!

With the end of the school year comes many parties & gatherings. I haven't had to cook much lately, which has been a much needed break! It's not that I don't like cooking...I actually do enjoy that. Especially cooking new things. It's the process of thinking about WHAT to cook. Looking for recipes. Going to the store. If I could have someone do the PRE stuff, then I would love cooking more. :) Again, this summer living in the dorms---I don't have to cook, think about cooking, or clean up after cooking. YAHOOOOOOOOO! 6 weeks of pure bliss. ;)

Here are some pictures of recent things (out of order):

Spring Banquet for TechCRU


Sweet girls at our end of the year picnic (Maddy & Emma)


One of my college roommates got married last month!


Easter with the staff team!


Life is about to get ALOT slower. Hopefully I will write more! :)
-Kells

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun times!

Katie said...

you look so pretty in all your recent pics... not that you don't always! so happy for you and teddy as you transition.. praying for yall. :)