Friday, May 13, 2011

from one wife to another wife

I'm posting from another blog today! I took this from Today's Housewife I really enjoy this blog!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proverbs 18:22, "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."

My husband, a pastor, has had a more stressful week than usual. You know what kind of week I'm talking about. They happen in every profession.

So I've tried extra hard to make home stress-less. Meals ready when he was ready to eat (even if that is 9:00 at night). Things picked up around the house. Laundry done and put away. Small things that I hope make our home peaceful and calm. It's one of my favorite things about being a wife. Only I can minister to him in these important and practical ways. That's why I believe Scripture says in Proverbs that a wife is a good thing in 18:22; and in Proverbs 31:12 it says about the excellent wife, "she does [her husband] good."

How do you do your husband good? What practical ways do you show him love? How do you make your home less stressful? Let's learn from each other today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked this because it's SO easy to get into a routine and completely get lost in WHY do I what I do around this house week after week. I can have selfish thoughts creep in and start to saturate my thoughts. "He should do this, I shouldn't have to for the 3rd time this week." "I'm tired of doing this..." etc etc This is definitely a struggle!

I'm reminded that I can take the day to day tasks and serve my husband. It might be chaotic at work, but he knows he can come home to a non-chaotic (looking) home. His job requires him to be on the go, non-stop, for his 12 hour shift. When he comes home he can relax and not feel the need to "Do more" around here.

One reason why I can continue to feel motivated to do this is scripture. But also because my loving husband shows his appreciation often. He constantly is thanking me for making dinner night after night, cleaning,doing laundry, bills etc. But another thing that keeps me motivated is the fact that he likes to help too. He will give me a "break" every once in a while. I'm truly grateful for his help!



Back to the questions:
How do you do your husband good? What practical ways do you show him love? How do you make your home less stressful?

No comments: