Tuesday, May 10, 2011

annnd thats a wrap

today we had our final staff meeting! I do have a few loose ends I need to tie up to help the team next year since we won't be "here". (will be in Lubbock mostly, but not on campus)

We have our last team party tonight. It will be bittersweet. I can't even begin to express to you how much I absolutely love our staff team. There is something so right about each of us working together on a team. We get along great & laugh constantly. They have truly been my second family after college. They would do anything for us. We love them all & will miss being with them next year. Plus, one of our bestfriend couples are leaving for good. Makes it all so strange...:(

I'm currently cooking Amish Friendship bread. Never have done this ever in my life. Teddy came home from work with a bag of batter and we've followed the directions each day & today (10 days later) we are able to make it. I about destroyed my kitchen using everything. I wonder if anyone can bake without making a mess? I certainly CANNOT! :) My house smells amazing right now...cinnamon!

I'm looking forward to being home more now. I can focus on working out, the house, packing for the summer, cooking fun things, and support. We will need to start phone calls here soon. Support needs to be the main focus. I'm wanting to spend more time in focus prayer about our support during the day. 30 mins straight of specifically praying for people by name and asking God for wisdom in our decision making that comes from raising support.

Last night I had all the girls I disciple over for dinner & games. It was wonderful! We did your typical girl talk...boys! But then we got to share with one another what God did this year in our lives. What an absolute blessing that I get to sit front row of these women's lives and watch them walk with the Lord. They really do make my weeks better. I'm so honored to be apart of their lives.


I met Molly her freshman year...3 years ago! We've been meeting one on one since then. This girls love for the Lord will make you want to go spend time with Jesus!She has a beautiful gift of connecting with other women! Plus, an incredible voice that she uses to help lead worship in our ministry! She has been to Branson, MO & Zambia, AFrica on summer project!

I also met Sarah her freshman year. I was actually friends with her brother who is one year younger than me. I knew I wanted to invest time in from the get go! We've been meeting now for 3 years too! I love her consistency in life. Such a steady girl! She has been to Denver Inner City & Moscow, Russia on summer project!

I got to know Holly more her sophomore year of college because we led a Bible study together. During that time I got to disciple her for a little bit, but then a student started doing that. They continued in their discipleship relationship for a long time until Jordan (the student) graduated this past December. I knew I wanted to invest in Holly again as she entered into grad school. She started discipling other girls this year! She's incredibly silly, which I thoroughly enjoy considering I'm a nut too! :)

I met Emma her freshman year! She hung out with our group of friends and at the end of her first year of college I challenged her to allow me to disciple her and it's been the same since! We also have 3 years under our belt! Emma has grown more than any other person I seen walk in as a freshman & leave as a senior. She will graduate next May. I cannot wait to see how God continues to use her outside of college life. She truly has a gift of compassion for others! She has been to Branson, MO & Moscow, Russia on summer project!


I met Brenda last year, but started discipling her this year! She is one of our key leaders for our Destino ministry (Hispanic/Latino ministry). We spent SO much time talking to other students about Christ. We had an absolute blast working together this year. Her heart for others to know Christ really came on strong this year. She wants others to know about JESUS! She is going on her first summer project to the Dominican Republic with Destino!


I met Whitney when she was a freshmen in our leadership class (M29). I realized I didn't know many people in the first class that semester and asked her to go to lunch with me so I can get to know her. Then I helped her write her testimony and that was the start of our fun relationship. Whitney came back for her sophomore year (this year) with a heart ready for change & allowed the Lord to work in some VERY significant ways this year. She is going on her first summer project this summer to Jackson Hole, WY!
I love each other these girls. I will miss them SO much next year!

-Kells

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww thanks for introducing us to the girls. I miss doing campus ministry. The office is cool but I love working with students which is why I am so sad that Im not doing a summer mission thats when I get to disciple and what not..sigh..
Anyway Ill be praying for ya'll as yall raise support. The Lord is bigger than the 10600 u need to raise and will provide!

Katie said...

i enjoyed reading this post about your girls. i know you will miss them and i am sure they will miss you tons too!