Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A What?!?!

So this past week I've had a number calling me multiple times. They called me again this morning and I was actually able to answer it. I'm not a person that won't talk to random numbers, because my job creates chances to receive many random numbers.

I answered and a man ask, "Is Kelli Smith there?". I responded, "excuse me?". (it's been a while since I've heard my maiden name...kind of caught me off guard) He asked again and I said, "This is her." Then there was silence and I was confused. Next I hear a woman saying, "Can I please speak to Kelli Smith from 2421 Quinton?". (that is my old address & old name now)...I said again it was me.

She went on to explain she is with a collection agency. A WHAT?!?-my first thought. My mind was racing thinking this is a joke, how much do I owe?, Who on earth is this calling me? WHO do I owe?, is this going to ruin my credit...etc etc.

Through conversation I figured out that it's a real collection agency. I found out it was for a bill from Grace Clinic from March 24th, 2010. Yes, a year ago. I was shocked for multiple reasons. And no it hasn't hit my credit.

1) It was a year ago. I never received ANYTHING in the mail. We lived in our old apartment March-November. We should have received something by then. Nada
2) I was still under my parents insurance for the appointment because it was when we just got home from our honeymoon & I was sick. So who knows what happened? Plus, it went towards the deducible, therefore insurance covered nothing. BLAH. We still would have to pay it, but I'm just surprised nothing was sent to my parents.
3) I felt like I was being told I had ignored paying a bill. I'm very much on top of our finances/bills. But eventually understood that it really wasn't any ones fault. Grace records indicated they sent out things. I never received anything. The collection woman was just doing her job. I got over myself pretty quickly.

We owe $213.10 to Grace clinic.

What's great about all this...yes I had to keep looking for positives things from the situaiton. Is that the Lord is good and provides what you need when you need it...always. Had this phone call had happened 2 months ago we would've had to do something with our debt money & budget we had been on. But it didn't, it happened today when we are still debt free. We have money we can use to pay this. I would obviously prefer to use that money to boast our savings...but nonetheless we have the money to pay the bill. Good timing! :)

That phone call caught me WAY off guard this morning! But it was a GREAT day anyways!
-Kells

1 comment:

Jason said...

I think the billing Department at Grace is unorganized. Two times I have used their services I never received a bill. I figure I will get one of these calls one of these days.