Monday, January 31, 2011

Ten things...Monday



1) Saturday night we were leaving Orlandos and a sweet cocker spaniel popped out in between some cars. She had a collar, but zero tags. We were heading back to the I am second training (i will explain later), Teddy and I were riding with another person, we don't have a yard & live in an apartment with dog rules....all things against us taking the dog/rescuing the dog. I cried. I was terribly sad! I've had cocker spaniels all my life and people had rescued our dogs over the years. I wanted to save this dog. We did see a little boy holding on to the dog when we were driving away & a car stopped with him. I'm choosing to believe they rescued the dog. She was BEAUTIFUL...looked a lot like the dog on the right, but more puppy like.

2) Tech Cru officially partnered with I AM SECOND. Go to www.iamsecond.com to check out the videos. I AM SECOND groups (bible study) are going to start on Tech's campus & the staff of Tech Cru will coach those leaders. It's just another tool for us to reach the entire campus with the gospel! For real though, check out that website & watch a few of the videos (5-7 mins). There are many high profiled people on the website saying they are second & God is first.

3) I have thoroughly enjoyed the warm winter climate Lubbock has experienced. But this week, well today at 4pm an awful cold front is hitting Lubbock. We will have wind chills of -20..-10 degrees. The actual temperature will be 3-9 degrees (the low). BOO!! Last week when we had a little bit of snow & ice I couldn't find my ice scraper. I use this cone thing that I found in my car & went to work. I have now found my ice scraper, so i'm ready for this snow/ice.

4) So last time I wrote I said we were starting the couch 2 5k. I'm officially starting today. Teddy started last week, but I did not. :( I'm going to go run & lift weights. It will feel good, I just know it!

5) I have today off from work. We worked 9:00am-10:30pm on Saturday for the I AM SECOND training. I'm meeting with one student for lunch, but other than that I'm doing laundry, going to the grocery store, bank, working out, and hopefully catching up on the bachelor. I'm two weeks behind.

6) Friday night Teddy and I watched The Notebook. I love the movie, but I cry basically every time. Friday was no different. I just cried and cried and cried. We haven't watched the movie since we got married, and I just feel like it means something so different now that we are married. :)

7) I THINK I'm going to try to grow out my finger nails again. First of all, all this sickness is going around & I need to keep my fingers OUT OF MY MOUTH..sick. But second, I just like longer nails. This time last year my nails looked AMAZING, because my motivation was to have my natural nails for our wedding. SUCCESS! But I munched them right off the day Kim got engaged. I was nervous all day executing all the things we had to to make sure the day was perfect. Since then, I haven't had pretty nails. I also like that it makes me feel girlie. :)

8) We are close to valentines day & our one year anniversary (march 14th). I'm excited about both of those. :) I can vividly remember the emotions I was feeling this time last year as we approached both of these days. Valentines marked one month away from our wedding & obviously March 14th was the day my life was changing. I was so excited!!!!! I'm just as excited this year! What a lovely year it has been!

9) I'm growing my hair out again. Although, I'm going to get it trimmed hopefully this week. I haven't done anything with my hair since I cut in June. That's sad! I need to trim & layer it up, and keep it growing!!!

10) I found out last week that my grandma's house is officially going on the market in April & she is moving out in March. I'm really sad about this. I have grown up going to that house every year in Denver. My dad said that we would be able to take some things, if we want, after the kids (my dad, uncle, and aunt) have picked out what they want. But, we won't be able to get up there before or during March. So, Christmas 2009 was my last time to be in that house. I'm grateful that Teddy was with me and he got to experience that house. So many memories have been made there. My dad grew up in that house. My grandma & grandpa lived in the house for well over 50 years. I know it will be good that my grandma is moving into a retirement/old person housing. It will be good for her...but I'm sad to see that house go. :(

Time to start errands & such!
-Kells

No comments: