Sunday, January 23, 2011

weekend update!

my job is pretty legit. some of you might not understand what I do day in and day out, I will explain that on this blog someday soon.

Friday night was spent in the wonderful canyons of Floydada, Texas. We had our M29 retreat. It was only one evening & LOTS of fun. We spent a little of Friday studying the Bible & discussing things about unity & diversity. Then had hours of laughing, huge group games, story telling, domino playing, dance parties, frisbee throwing (indoors), and singing at the top of our lungs. I stayed up until 1:15am, while some students stayed up until 4:30am.

We woke up & ate breakfast. Had a devotional time in Luke, cleaned up and made our way back to Lubbock. It was quick, but really really fun. I had so much fun just being silly, dancing, and singing with our students. They probably think i'm nuts. I'm ok with that! :)

When I got home Saturday afternoon I was SO excited to see Teddy. He left for our at 5:30am on Friday & I didn't see him until Saturday at 1:00pm. Plus, we only talked once during that entire time. I missed him! We spent our afternoon relaxing, went to church at 6:30pm, came home to cook dinner, and went to play 11:15pm bingo. We had a lot of fun doing that. I was actually close (2 away) to winning. We were there until 1:00am. Another late night. But we slept in until 11am this morning :)

We just lounged around all day. Doing a little bit of laundry, watching a lot of football, and just hanging out. Later on we will do our marriage book we are going through every Sunday. It's called Starting Your Marriage Right by Dennis & Barbara Rainey. FABULOUS book we received from my job. We do one chapter each Sunday & would highly recommend it to EVERYONE. go here if you want to buy it or check it out: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Your-Marriage-Right-Lifetime/dp/0785268030

off to continue laundry (aka drive down to our laundry room area & move clothes from washer to dryer)
-Kells

No comments: