Tuesday, January 18, 2011

random things

this is all random. but it's very rare that my post aren't random...

first of all, it's really hard to start eating healthy once you have gone bad again. I mean seriously, all I crave is fast food. That dumb stuff IS addicting. MUST EAT AT HOME...bleh.

second, one of my favorite things to do daily is checking the mail. confession! :) And I genuinely get kind of sad if we don't have any mail. I don't care if it's bills, letters, coupons, work stuff....i love it all. It's very rare that I find nada in the mail box...marriage has helped!

third, i heard this on Air 1 today and thought it was great. "If you face your fears they will dissolve. If you bow down to your fear it can embed itself in bondage & generational curses/sin." I heard it twice, but I still think I'm missing some words. Hopefully you get the picture. I spent a few moments both times I heard that today reflecting on the "fear" in my life now & previously. What did I did in the past? What will I do now with fear? Just good things to think about!

fourth, i keep this "new" (november) apartment a lot cleaner then our first apartment. I don't know if I just didn't have even room to hide clutter at the old place or what. But I would be totally fine if people came over to our apartment on a whim. It's fairly clean around here. It probably helps that I REALLY love our apartment. I'm still waiting to put up our last shelves, then I will post pictures.

fifth, i love that I forget about taxes every year until January. I'm sure one day it won't be pretty & we will have to owe taxes. But I'm pretty positive this year we will still be getting taxes $$ back. That's the part I love about forgetting...it's like surprise money...that for this year will go towards the truck. SO CLOSE!

sixth, i think Teddy and I are going to start the Couch 2 5K again. We did it during our first year of dating and made it to the 6th week & quit. I don't even know why we quit...I can't remember. But, that was the last time we did really well with working out with a plan. We discussed it briefly last night, but I believe we will probably move forward and do it. Shoot, we have a free membership to Body Works...why not use it? Then we can run a 5k together!

done. gotta run to market street real fast!
-Kells

No comments: