Monday, January 17, 2011

100th post!

I've been apart of the blogging world since Summer 2008 & finally have reached 100 post! woohoo! I didn't actually come here to blog about that.

One of my favorite things about marriage thus far is getting to spend time with the Lord together but separate. Meaning, we are sitting in a room together but studying/praying on our own.

It brings me JOY!

We continue to learn how important it is to cultivate our relationship separately & together. We pray nightly together, do a Christian study book (about marriage) on Sundays (one chapter per week), but spend time with the Lord doing separate studies.

Currently I'm going through a book called LIVE from my church, doing a Bible reading plan called the Essential 100 (50 stories from NT & OT you need/should know) to help me to be in the word daily, and I'm also reading about Joseph's life in Genesis (we are doing a character study on him in CRU...but I wanted to read on my own too). Occasionally, I throw in Women of the Bible study (a book I own that is GREAT).

I've learned that I need structure in order to actually spend time with the Lord. So structure it is...if you can't tell. :) I just need some direction when I'm jumping into the Word. The Bible can be overwhelming!

Marriage is about walking with Christ. Period. (this is a constant growing point for both of us)

1) How do you remain focused on Christ & relying on him, when we both depend on each other too?
2) What do you do when you are spending time with the Lord?
*give me your feedback, for real.*

-Kells

No comments: