Tuesday, January 4, 2011

random things

--So my brakes got a Christmas present too. The most expensive present we gave anyone, by a FAR FAR FAR stretch. Solid $235 spent on that gift. goodness! I knew that I needed brake work done, just didn't realize how much. They got fixed last Friday! Now I feel safer! :)

--We are SO close to being done with our debt. If you are new here, we've been doing this snowballing plan (live with only $1000 in an emergency saving fund & put EVERYTHING extra towards debt...it include other steps too...ask if you want to know) to get rid of debt. We had two debts coming into marriage, we are down to one (Teddy's truck) & are REALLY REALLY close. I think we really will be done by our 1st year anniversary (March 14th). We originally set up a plan to be done by June...but we literally put everything extra towards the truck & have been living on a tight budget...allowing us to be done 3 months earlier. yahooo!!! We calculated the other day that we have put $3700 towards the truck since we started this budget in September. Since we've been married around a total of $6000 has been sent towards that dadgum truck. Cannot wait to have breathing room in our budget, start saving again, and enjoy more activities. It's been a really great process for our marriage & really helped us put finances into a different perspective. :)

--Today I went to lunch with 4 girls from my small group at church (lifehouse). I enjoyed our conversation greatly!

--Went to Walmart to grocery shop today too. The lady in front of me had apparently shopped only in the Christmas area. (P.S. ALL CHRISTMAS IS 75% OFF...THEY HAVE TONS LEFT) But, majority of this "christmas stuff" didn't ring up 75%. She literally made the checker change every little thing. The best part of the story is that I had to be the price checker/calculator woman. Anytime it rang up wrong, all eyes on me to help the checker & the customer. I don't know how I got put in that position...but I felt weird. I wasn't sure all that stuff was Xmas, but she certainly got 75% her entire ticket.

--We are almost done with Seasons 1-4 of the office. We have one more disk of season 4. I can't wait to get season 5 & 6 so we can continue on! It's pretty funny how into it we are now. We laugh a lot.

--I bought cake mix & icing today at the store. Basically, a splurge. I just really wanted to make a cake. I'm going to get on that :)

-Kells

1 comment:

Heather and Jason Dew said...

Kelli- we have been doing the same thing with our debt. I will sure be glad when its all paid off and we can save, and enjoy it! Congrats on being almost done with the truck! Hope yall are doing well!!!