Thursday, July 9, 2009

texxxxxxxxxxxxxxas


i'm back in texas. but it took A LOT longer then what I thought it would

monday night I noticed my ear feeling a little bit weird. i thought maybe I had swimmers ear so I went and bought rubbing alcohol to help get the water out of my ear. it felt better for a little bit...but then 1:30am I didn't feel to excited about my ear. quite frankly it was hurting. I had my roommate put more rubbing alcohol in my ear & tried going back to sleep. I didn't get much sleep that night and I was suppose to wake up Tuesday morning at 7:30am to drive for 10 1/2 hours. I woke up & I was like...ok I can do this.

at breakfast that mornign with my team I had a spell of getting dizzy. that's when I got scared that I wasn't going to be able to make the drive home. i cried because I just wanted to get home. & i didn't want to call Teddy to break the news & disappoint him. I called him & just cried the second i heard his voice. I told him I was going to try to make it home...and got on the road.

I made it 2 hours feeling just ok...but VERY tired. I was going to continue on, but I got out of the car to get gas & felt really weak. I called Carolyn (my director from the summer) and told her I can't go on. I met up with her & her boyfriend and went to his house to sleep for about 2 hours. I felt better after I woke up & decided I would drive to Norman, OK and stay the night at Taylor & Nathan's. I made it to Norman alright. I didn't feel great...but I made it. I decided that morning I was going to go to the doctor the next morning at8am. I went...and yes I had swimmers ear. The doctor noticed some wax in my ear & decided to try to get it out. Well after digging around in my ear 3 times I got really REALLY dizzy & then I passed out. I have only passed out. Then it took me a good 30 mins to be able to sit up & walk. They put a wet wash cloth on my forehead & gave me water & crackers

Luckily, Taylor went with me to the doctor so she got to take care of me the rest of the day. We went to get my ear drops & breakfast...then I went back to their house & fell asleep again. I needed that rest. Around noon I woke up & decided by 2 o'clock I was going to get on the road to make my last leg of the trip. That is what I did & I started my journey to Lubbock. It took me right at 5 hours to get home. I felt Ok the whole trip...not 100%.

I showed up at my apt with Teddy waiting on me. He met me outside & we just stood there hugging each other for SOOO long. It felt so freakin good. I couldn't believe it. I cried because I was so excited to be back in his arms. he bought me some pretty sunflowers too! He had planned to cook us dinner at my apt, but I really wanted Chicken express. So he drove us to go get dinner. It was great...i just couldn't take my eyes off of him. :) We came back & just hung out. My roommate Kristin was home too...so we got to hang with her a little bit.

Teddy went home early because he had a 12 hour shift on the ambulance today...7am-7pm. I'm ready for my baby to get off work so we can hang out more. :)

Not only am I'm excited to do life again with Teddy...I'm really excited to do life again with Lori & Mary. Mary is back until the end of August & Lori is about to get married! yay!

i've been sitting here all day on the couch, watching the bachorlette :) catching up on the entire season. It helps make the day go by quickly! .....the joy of no work for about a month. i'm going to enjoy it!!

-Kells

No comments: