Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Zipadee dooo daaa"

I'm done i'm done! I did the ABC blog all the way through. Even though it took me an entire year, I'm stinkin excited. :)

well, I managed to make it a whole week & half again without blogging. It really is busy & the fact that so much happens everyday around here I don't want to take the time to sit down and write. But I've made it now.

All the students arrived one week ago. They now have jobs (mcdonalds, wendys, krispee kreme, fudge shop, water resort, babysitting, cooks...) so the hotel is very quiet during the day. I'm loving it :) I love my growth team! We already did soul to soul (last thursday) & had one growth team meeting (monday). They are wonderful & I feel like I can connect to each of them in different ways. Pray that the Lord would show where each of them need to grow this summer & that they would be pro-active in taking steps of faith to do so.

I love having Jeffery, Molly, and Kinsey here with me. Molly, Kins and I have been doing soul to soul too & just connecting well. The three of us went Sunday to do laundry together & hang out. I love those ladies. All 3 of them have already given their testimony in front of the entire group...mainly because they are some of the most trained people here. Texas Tech really does have wonderful leadership training for the students.





My birthday was Saturday. Seriously think it probably was the best birthday I've had in a LONG time. I felt so loved & appreciated. I had 4 cards mailed to me, 2 presents mailed to me, flowers delivered (24 beautiful tulips), fun presents from the staff team, and a card at the end of the night from the young staff with a note from each of them with encouragment. After having a mini birthday breakfast with the staff women I went to training stuff for students. There the entire project sang happy birthday to me. :) the rest of the day people said happy birthday & some of the students even gave me cards. After our social that night (for the students) the young staff went to Applebees to get dessert together. Our social required all the staff to dress silly & have students find us throughout Branson. Therefore we went to applebees dressed in ridiculous looking things...haha! They sang to me again & it was great! It was great turning 23 because we celebrated it all day. I still have my tulips too! I have been watching them open up & sprout out. I changed their water & fed them yesterday & they started popping out of the vase (literally). i LOVE them. My baby was so thoughtful in sending them to me. :)

have i mentioned that me & my roommate get along great! She graduated from Tech Dec 04. She interned at tech & then spent a year over seas Russia. i love this picture of us because we accidently matched. :) oh & I haven't mentioned this yet but all the young single staff are all blondes with blue eyes. Apparently that made it hard for students to remember who we all were because we all looked the same...haha

We only have 5 more weeks here. Time is FLYING. Thursday is our days off as staff. We were going to go to the lake...but it's suppose to be raining...maybe. It's rainy outside right now...gloomy and such. I want to get tan, but have only laid out once so far.

I put up pictures in my room finally. Pics of all my girls back home, staff girls, and of course my boo. Right next to my bed I have a frame with a picture of Teddy and I. I love the picture.

Teddy and I have mastered talking on skype. We actually hung out Sunday for 4 hours on skype. It was out of control, but so much fun!!! :) i miss that boy so much. We just started this book together called 101 Questions to Ask before getting engaged! It's a wonderful book and has sparked some GREAT conversations. We are already on question 6 (skipped one though). I'm surrounded by some awesome couples this summer....so I'm able to ask LOTS of questions & i love it. I feel like I'm learning a lot from them. Some of the questions are simple...but launch us into deeper conversation. While others are hard, but only require a simple answer. It's so much fun...seriously.

that's enough for now. have a good one!
-Kells

No comments: