Monday, June 8, 2009

bragging rights

before i get to my title of my blog I will say this: Now that the ABC business is done with...I'm now going to post at least ONE picture each blog. It will be a favorite picture of recent stuff....or just a favorite picture in general. So be looking for favs...

bragging rights: my boyfriend is SUCH a stud. He took his first test for fire academy acceptance today & freakin KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. He got a 90 on the reading and 92 on arithmetic. This means that he got asked to come do the physical part of the acceptance on saturday at 7:30am. I can't even express how excited I was for him & so proud of him. It just seems like things are falling into place! He also did well in his first week of EMT class! He's great & will be a great fireman one day! :) :)

project is still going great! The past two sundays I spent the evening with Molly & Kinsey! I have loved that time of bonding & getting to know one another. It might become a tradition for us....who knows? I can't wait to get back & do ministry with these ladies. I let them "into" my world last night by sharing with them my soul to soul. I feel as if it's healing everytime I talk about my story. The Lord is good!

My parents are coming here in a few weeks. I only have a month left here...4 weeks. Which is NUTS to me. I feel like it's flying like crazy. I have been gone for 4 weeks & only have 4 weeks left. CRAZY! i love my staff team here....but we will be spread out allllll over the place after this. Colorado, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Texas. None of which I would be able to hang out with for just a weekend....to far away from Lubbock. :( We are already starting to communicate about the different ways we could get together again.

Students are already talking about reunions too. They are only 2 weeks in....haha....something about project makes you bond SO quickly. It's something that I think everyone should experience. GO ON SUMMER PROJECT!

My mom & sister are going to California here in a couple of weeks for FREE. i'm pissed...haha. My sister knows a family that works for a travel agent...and she teaches their kids. So they invited her and another friend to come free....COMPLETELY free to cali. Food...lodging....travel...the whole shabang. Apparently, I could've gone with them too for free if I wasn' there. I told them to push back the whole thing....because shoot I will have a month after project of just sitting by the pool because support is finished. :) My mom will be in Las Vegas, California, Branson, and Colorado all in a month period of time. Oh the joys of being a teacher & having the summers off....I'm pumped my parents are coming here! Can't wait for them to come & experience a little bit of project & my job/life right now. LOVE THEM!

had a revelation today while spending time in the Word...something about forgiveness. I can't describe it all on here at all. But I love those moments when I'm in the Word & the Lord makes something VERY VERY VERY clear to me that I have done & need to reconcile with a person. The Spirit totally was there when i was reading...or should I say I was listening to the Spirit...he's there always. Something I heard last week (chew on this for a bit): The Spirit is always pointing us back to Jesus....always.

Pray for teddy and his test
Pray for the students to get into Gospel conversations with their co-workers
Pray that I would be walking by the Spirit & leading through that


-Kells

No comments: