Sunday, June 21, 2009

whoops...


favorite picture: WRECK 'EM
it's almost been 10 days. my bad!

lots has been happening around here. here is some randomness....

1. we have 16 days left as staff
2. went to the lake this past thursday & got to tube! soo much fun! :)
3. i just got back from our women's retreat. we went to eureka springs, AR. weird city...but good women's retreat. we did personality assessments to help us live in our strengths & grow through our weaknesses. my personality is Chloric. You won't understand that...but that's ok. Just know that I like to be in control. it comes natural to me. but can be bad. :)
4. i haven't mentioned this yet...but our shower head is actually shorter then me. therefore i'm ALWAYS having to squat in the shower. i thought it would create wonderful muscles for me...but instead i've manged to figure out how to lean so i don't have to use the squating position. call it lazy...whatever.
5. this week I will be going to an indoor waterpark for FREE. two of my girls work there & their boss said they can get us in for free. how fun!!
6. i do laundry every sunday. which equal once a week. which is so odd for me. I don't neccessarily need to do it every sunday, but it's almost my way of escaping the hotel for a bit. i usually go with people. today (right now) i'm alone. it feels nice!
7. i layed by the pool for 3 hours today. i love our sunday's here. i was on the phone for about 2 hours of that with Teddy & Dena. i also talked to Mary & my dad today....i felt productive
8. i did my first women's talk this past wednesday. it was wonderful & the Lord used my story to have an impact on multiple girls here. what an honor to allow the Lord to use me.
9. i need an oil change. probably will take care of that tomorrow.
10. my parent's are coming this next weekend...i really CAN'T WAIT! it will be a blast.
11. the next weekend the staff leave project from thurs-sun to let the students run the project & we get to retreat.
12. the next weekend I will be back in lubbock. nuts how fast everything has flown by
13. i made 2 pairs of earrings this weekend in eureka springs. i am really excited about them!
14. i will miss the staff team when i leave. mainly the girls of course...they are the ones that i've REALLY connected with.
15. i've learned a lot about myself being on project again. i love working on myself and really God never wants us to just stop learning. if you allow Him to work, you will constantly be learning about Him & yourself. it's hard at times, but worth it.
16. i'm getting tan :) loving it. on top of that my hair has managed to become WAYYYYYYYYYY blonde. it's out of control. ha


ok, i'm out.
-Kells

No comments: