Tuesday, June 30, 2009

one


that's right...only one week left here in Branson. I seriously cannot believe it. Where has the time gone? It feels like it was literally JUST may 10th when I was leaving Lubbock for 8 1/2 weeks. it was FLOWN. of course I knew it would...it always does. but i didn't think that at all in the midst of my crying before may 10th. now i'm crying because I'm leaving people and a city that i have grown to love. the girls that I'm closet to freakin live in Baton Rouge....really...thats like 15 hours from me.

There are a lot of things going on in these next couple of days. We are turning over the project to the students & leaving to a lodge type place for 4 days as a staff team. It's suppose to be a time of relaxing & hanging out. I really can't wait to just hang out with them & learn anything I can from the married women for the last time.

Right now I have conflicting emotions. Sam made a comment today that conflicting emotions is the worst. And it's so VERY true. I'm seriously sad to leave here & leave my girls. I just love watching women grow & take steps of faith. Yes, it will continue to happen even when I'm not here...but this also makes me have faith. I'm sad to leave the staff team that has become my summer family. I love staff meetings because you know it will be full of biblical truth & laughter/stories. It doesn't get any better then that! ...on the flipside....i'm so stoked to get home to my man & just hang out. No more skyping & long phone convos. I'm really excited to be able to hold his hand while we talk about something serious. Or sneak a kiss in the midst of pure joyous times. Really to be near to him. I'm pumped to go home & hang out with my best friends again. Mary is home & I can't wait to hang. Plus, Lori is home too...and almost married. I can't wait for all this last minute stuff that is going to happen leading up to her getting married. MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED! :) :) i can't wait to see her be the happiest woman in the world! I miss my church...my church this summer has been, well ok. ........so yea, as you can see I'm experiencing lots of just ups & down thoughts.

My parents came this past weekend. That was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed having them here. I love that people enjoy my parents. I mean it could be one of those things where their child doesn't want to introduce their parents to friends....I couldn't be more excited for people to meet my parents. They are actually pretty cool :) We went to two different shows. I loved one & just thought the other was alright. They brought missy also, so I got to see my puppy! They left from here and went to Denver...14 1/2 hrs of driving to get there...gross.

I'm leaving July 7th....I have to be off the property by 9am in the morning. I think our team might go eat somewhere for breakfast all together. We'll see. Teddy doesn't want me to get home before he gets off work. It will take me 10 hours to get home...not shabby.

I probably won't write again until I get home. Pray that I finished well & can keep my emotions under control.

-Kells

No comments: