Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Y"ou make me feel...

a guy was recently singing this...I honestly don't know who. It actually may have been Teddy....so that was almost 2 weeks ago. HOLY moly, it's already been 2 weeks without Teddy. that's nuts. Time is flying, but it's sure a lot of fun here.

that's right....i'm in Branson. I drove here last monday & it's been lots of fun from the moment that I arrived. We have a team of 16 people that we are working with here. (10 singles, and 3 couples) The students arrive this Tuesday.

What have I done so far:
-spent one day on the lake with the staff girls
-ate lots of GOOD food
-played games & gone for a late night swim with the singles
-went on the Branson Belle Showboat...such a good time!
-made one walmart trip
-went to First Baptist church this morning....my church I was assigned too
-Found out what my staff job is (socials/banquets) & found out who is is my growth group (5 girls...UT, OSU, OSU, Saginaw Valley State, SFA)
-adjusted to living in a hotel room with my roommate who ALSO graduated from Tech!
-laughed so much with my staff team, they are WONDERFUL.
-found out I'm giving a talk about something I'm very passionate about (to all the girls)
-did soul to soul with 9 staff girls...=starting 8:45am-7:45pm.

I love everything about this so far. The hills make my car struggle....but she survives. She was named Kiwi by one of the staff girls. I'm hoping to get tan this summer, because I will be spending LOTS of time by the pool. We have an indoor & outdoor pool, plus a hottub. We got the hoook up. :)

Tomorrow is work day. We move in all the bunk beds & take out all the hotel beds. It should be fun....for the guys. The ladies baked 200 cookies last night, so we will be organizign that for all the students. Oh I forgot to mention that I got a lime green fleece that says Ozarks Lake-Campus Crusade on it...super nice. AND my project boss (carolyn) made all hte girls INCREDIBLY cute purses. She loves sewing & baking...and we get to be the receivers of that. :)

I will try to not forget about this for another week. It is about to be crazy on Tuesday when students come...

-Kells

No comments: