Friday, May 8, 2009

"T"ackling this...

I'm starting the process of packing...well tackling my room that is. I have my last load of laundry in the washer. I'm not taking all of my clothes by any means....but a lot. I mean really...how do you pack for NINE weeks. I remember vividly packing for summer project having no clue what i was doing. I feel more prepared this time around.

So far here is what I have:
12 pairs of shoes
3 dresses
9 solid colored cute shirts
8 patterned cute shirts
6 tank tops
4 pairs of shorts
3 pairs of athletic shorts
3 long sleeves tshirts
15 regualr tshirts
2 pairs of cut off sweat pants
2 pairs of regular sweat pants
3 skirts

I know you are probably thinking...GOOD LORD. Yea basically I could probably get close to not wearing the same thing all 9 weeks. But really, i know there are things i'm packing that I could possibly not wear. I think i'm going to travel in my car with all my shoes in my dirty clothes hamper. I will probably have 2 LARGE suitcases & one smaller one.

I'm lucky because I'm sharing a hotel room with ONE other girl. We will have PLENTY of space. When i was a student going on project...they said you only had 6 inches of hanging space (i laughed out loud). We definitely ended up having more than that...but still. I feel more freedom now that I'm staff. I know it will be ok that i bring this stuff. Plus i will have my car...if my 12 pairs of shoes is too much i will leave some in my trunk :)

tonight Teddy and I are going out to celebrate my birthday. It's not until May 30th. I joke with everyone that its my birthday month because I've ALWAYS had to celebrate my birthday throughout the month of May because people leave early...or i'm gone. When I go home on Monday I'm getting my bday present (GPS!!) from my parents. When i'm in Iowa next week we will celebrate my birthday early....you get the picture. Anyways, tonight is my last night with Teddy all to myself. I'm really happy to be able to spend time with him just us.

Tomorrow night Teddy & I are going on a double date with our new married friends: Calder & Ceri! I'm pumped because we are going to Red Lobster (we said we would go before I left) I love this couple & they truly model a christian couple! I will miss hanging out with them this summer. Calder disciple's Teddy...so i'm sure they will be kickin it this summer! :)

Kim left this morning. Cotter's family arrived today for graduation. i'm hanging out with my sister in the morning, Lori in the afternoon, shelley in early evening, then graduationg party in the evening. It's crazy how busy I am. I'm just trying to cram everything in & make sure I have seen the people I really want to see.

Now that I've successfully kept from packing & getting ready...i'm gonna go. Teddy should be here in about 30 mins! :) can't wait to see my love.

-Kells
Listening to: Dave Barnes-Fancy

No comments: