Saturday, May 16, 2009

"X"cuse me

yes yes...i realize that excuse me starts with an E...but whatever...it works

This has been a phrase ("excuse me?") that has come out of my mouth on multiple occasions while i've been here in Iowa. Granted, this is my 3 time here....but it still manages to amaze me how country & crazy these people are. It's truly a whole other world here....but i love dena, so i can manage. We were going to go on her cart behind the horses today...but it's chilly outside & REALLY windy. We have been just hanging out with family & going around Marble Rock. (pronounced: "Marb roock) You should look up this tiny town...they have 300 people that live here.
















yesterday Teddy and I had our first skype date. it was SO good to see him! I spent the first 5-10 mins just smiling non-stop. Because I've been so busy up here hanging out & doing things & being with my best friend...it really had not set in that we haven't seen each other 5 days. As soon as I got a chance to talk to him & see him at the same time I was overwhelmed with feelings of missing that CRAP out of him. So much that we skyped again later on last night. :) so yes, the feelings of missing him finally set in...even though I'm with one of my bestfriends. But we are also almost a week in...it's going to fly.

it was a beautiful day two days ago & now i'm laying in Dena's bed under 3 blankets...in sweatpants & fleece jacket...oh and I have an electric blanket underneath me on high. it's COLD...well really only 50ish...but there isn't any heat up stairs in her room & it's so stinkin WINDY outside. Because Dena is moving to California in 3 weeks her mom is making her clean out her entire room & throw away all her crap she has. She has been going down memory lane & showing me all sorts of pictures....it's fun.

i can't believe i'm leaving here in 1 1/2 days already....and heading to summer project. Project is going to be a blast. the first week will be only staff, so we will bond a lot. I'm pumped! :)

i'm going to continue writing thank you notes now...well maybe...i wrote 9 yesterday!

-Kells
listening to: Chris August

No comments: