Sunday, January 8, 2012

Favorite pictures of 2011

I haven't really taken the time yet to reflect on 2011. I still have plans to do this. I know this is good for my soul to spend time remembering what we experienced in our marriage, how the Lord taught me different things, and the new transition (in particular) we experienced this past year. Life changing transition. NEW JOB! :)

I thought I would first just do pictures. You might remember that I did this last year. Check that out here.


 January 2011: We built our very first project together. Our mantle in our old apartment. We bought the wood, stained it, put it together, and hung that bad boy. We had a lot of fun doing this project together & were really proud of it!

February 2011: We celebrated Valentines with our traditional (est. 2009) dinner at Chili's & a free hotel stay at Holiday Inn!!
March 2011: Teddy was a groomsman in Josh & Katie Field's wedding. Here we are at the wedding!
 March 2011: We celebrated our 1st year of marriage! Went to a movie (King's Speech), had lunch with family, spent the afternoon at Botanical Gardens exchanging gifts and a nice dinner at The Melting Pot. I LOVED this date!
April 2011: End of the year picnic for CRU. Emma in the middle I have discipled for 3 1/2 years. Maddy is a young lady we met randomly in March. It's been amazing watching both of these women grow in their relationship with Christ!







April 2011: Megan Reed got married. I was in the wedding party with all my other roommates from college!! 







April 2011: Easter spent with the staff team. These ladies are amazing. (below)

May 2011: My birthday party! We went to dinner at Chili's (no surprise there...love it) and played games/had dessert at the Bollen's house after.










May 2011: We went to see Sugarland, Little Big Town, and Matt Nathanson. It was an incredible concert. It was a gift that Teddy gave to me for our wedding anniversary! It was an AMAZING concert!
 June 2011:Last lunch with Brett & Kim before we headed up to Ft. Collins to start our official journey to joining staff.




June: Our view from our bed and breakfast in Colorado. We spent an evening here before we lived in the dorms for the rest of the summer while joining staff with Cru.





 June 2011: While this wouldn't be a "favorite" picture. But, it does describe 2 weeks of our summer. Studying for HOURS for our seminary courses for joining staff.
July 2011: Our commissioning banquet! All those lovely people pictured are our new friends. We all joined staff together this past summer. We were "all official" after this banquet.
November 2011: Our Christmas picture photo shoot with another staff guy. We loved some of the pictures!





December 2011: Celebrating Christmas with my family in Lubbock.
















We don't have many pictures in between August-December. Whoops! The one thing I don't like about "smart phones" is the fact that I don't take as many "real" pictures. They are captured on my phone and just really aren't that great. Plus, I don't upload them or print them. Who prints pictures now anyways? It's been a while.

Another huge moment in 2011 was getting debt free. We worked SOO hard in 2010 & first part of 2011. We became debt free February 2011. Read some of our debt free story here. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of our last check. :) Oh well, I have this blog to help us remember!

Here's to 2012!
-Kells

No comments: