Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"M"aking progress...

haven't been here in a WHILE...not surprised!

I can't believe it, but I'm raising support AGAIN right now. I'm raising for my 2nd year internship with Crusade. I'm already at 40%...almost 2 weeks in. It is going really well! I have multiple people who have increased their support & a couple of new people who have joined my team. total blessing. Kim, Cotter, and Kristin are basically my "coach" during this process. They cheer for me & often force me to get on the phone to make calls...it's really scary. i truly value them during this time. Teddy has also been great during this process. He even came over the other night...made dinner & cleaned up after so that I could work on my support. :) he's wonderful.

today: April 14th...Teddy and I have been dating for 8 months! I can't believe how fast it has gone by. summer will probably fly by...and when school starts back up again we will have been dating for a year. WHOA. :) he brought me gerber daisies this morning before my work meeting...sweet sweet man.

I'm leaving in less than a month for 9 weeks of this summer. it's kinda bittersweet. i'm really excited to see my parents, taylor (in oklahoma), and dena (in iowa) and then drive down to branson. I will be in Branson from May 18th-July 7th. After that I will go back to ft.worth & be there for a little bit (maybe to wrap up support stuff) but then I will get back to Lubbock ASAP. I'm also sad to leave my best friends & my boyfriend. I will have skype & what not while I'm there on summer project...but who knows how much time I will have.

I'm really excited about staffing a project. I know it will look a lot different from when I was a student. I'm on the other end...training students to be leaders & grow to love the Lord at a deeper level. It will be different then being on campus...because every girl I work with wants to learn...wants to be meeting..etc. They know they are on a summer project for spiritual growth, so there is no beating around the bush. i'm not a huge fan of beating around the bush (i'm blunt), so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.

I'm hoping that I will use this throughout the summer...hoping...we will see. :)

i'm learning more and more about myself lately. It's interesting & plays a big role in so many of my relationships. The Lord is truly opening my eyes to more sin in my life & where he has grown me in the past year. It's fun to be able to put my finger on certain issues/topics and see that Yes, there is still work to be done in my heart...but Yes, I have come a long way with the help of Him. Praise the Lord for grace. Because of grace I can confidently come before His throne...

-Kelli

Listening to lately: Ronnie Freeman-Breakaway

No comments: