Friday, June 3, 2011

quarter of a century

I turned 25 on Monday. WHAT?!? Where has time gone? From what I can recall (growing up), the only thing I wanted to have accomplished before 25 was to be married. SUCCESS! :) I'm sure at some point in time on that list was graduate from college etc...but really, I'm a girl and marriage is what I wanted.

Enough of that, my day was GREAT. great great great! Teddy woke up early to cook me waffles :) He wanted to serve it to me in bed, but I woke up at 9am. Still, so nice of him to do that. Then we spent the day driving around Lubbock picking up all my free items because its my birthday.

As you know by now, I love blogs. I follow quite a few. One of them is a housewife blog. On that blog is how I discovered all the free things you can get for your birthday. So I went online and signed up. And free things bombarded my email the day of my birthday!

We went to World Market ($10 of a $10 purchase) and I got a pair of earrings and some bracelets. Then we went to schlotzky's for a free small sandwich. Later in the day we went to get my car washed for free at Xtreme car wash, got a cup of icecream with one mix-in from marble slab, and went to Sephora to pick up a gift. It ended up being a bottle of bodywash/shampoo/bubblebath in one that smells like birthday cake. YUM!

I even got to nap in the afternoon while Teddy ran a few errands. Teddy had dinner arranged with a group of friends at Chili's. It was yummy! I got a free molten cake there...my favorite dessert they have! After, we went over to one of our staff couple friends house. This was a surprise to me. Everyone from dinner went there for cake & cupcakes. MY FAVORITE! And we spent the evening playing Salad Bowl.







Overall, this has been the best birthday in a long while. Mostly because I got to celebrate with some of my very best friends. The past 3-4 years that hasn't been an option because of Summer Project's and travels. But this year, it was different! The only thing I would do different is to have my family here too. My parents at in Ft.worth and my sister/jason were in Florida celebrating my sisters birthday (May 26th).

Fun presents: Multiple cards with SUCH kind words (family, sweet girl friends, Teddy), TONS of happy birthdays on Facebook!, multiple text & phone calls, 3 electronic cards (email), gift cards to Walgreens (gma), Target (parents), and Old Navy (amy/jason), 1 hour facial & shirt from Banana--I'm wearing in these pictures! (from Teddy), 2 shirts from Oldnavy (Kim/Brett), Sugarland CD (Misty), and necklace/lunch (Katie).

It's weird that I'm 25...but I'm excited for the next 5 leading into my 30's. I can imagine big decisions happening during those 5 years...buying a home?, getting a doggie finally!, A baby (or two?) will be on the agenda, doing full time ministry with my husband (HOW EXCITING), growing deeper in my relationship with Jesus!, new friends, and so much more!

Thanks for making me feel special on my 25th birthday!! :)
-Kells

No comments: