Wednesday, June 15, 2011

is this real?

The title of my blog expresses a saying that has come out of our mouths multiple times already. Are we really joining staff? What on earth are WE doing here? We are excited! I'm still at a point of shock and awe that God would bring us to this point in our marriage.

For those of you who are just starting to read this lovely blog of ours you can check out this POST to find out more details of how we even got here.

There are around 200 people joining staff this summer. We have met some people! Mostly couples at this point. We live on a floor of all married couples. I'm excited to get to know them more & to hear about their lives.

We are next door to our besties (Kim and Brett). SWEET! And some how we ended up with a corner room. This means we have a "common area" with a door on the right with bunk, desk, huge closet deal and a door on the left with the same. Of course we aren't going to bunk all summer so we moved the two bottom bunks into the common area. We use the right room for all our clothes/ironing/getting ready and we use the left room for our two desk and a place for everything else we brought. Storage is crazy because of this step up. Tons of space. Another bonus is the fact that we got a room on the Northeast corner. So no we can't look at our window and see mountains, but this also means we don't have to deal with the sun from 1:00pm-8:00pm. The rooms on the west side are hot. We caught sun this morning while we were getting ready, but we will be gone from our room by 7:15am each morning--so not much to worry about there with the heat. Living without AC isn't too bad with a nice breeze, open windows and 85 degree temps. We deal!

So far I'm a tad overwhelmed. I already had the want to spend time by myself. Not that its a bad thing, but its interesting how my personality has changed throughout the years.

Y'all can pray for our walks with Jesus. I'm currently at a spot where I feel disconnected from the Lord. I'm looking forward to thriving in my walk with Christ this summer. I want rich time in the word. I just need to be diligent in making time for that in the midst of this schedule.

I will post pictures at a late date. :) just know that we have an awesome room & feel blessed!

-Kells

No comments: