Tuesday, February 15, 2011

well duh...

well duh I'm going to write about my lovely valentine's day. :) If you know me, you should expect nothing less. I LOVE love. I love when others are in love. I happen to be in love too...and happen to LOVE my husband to death. Therefore, I will celebrate that :)

I was on the way home from work yesterday & thinking about our date ahead! I was really excited. I'm the mail person of our house hold. You might have read in an older post that I really enjoy getting mail & checking it too! Well, my husband knows me so well. He put my valentine card IN THE MAIL. I was completely surprised & just giggled (yes, out loud!)over and over. Lovely, just lovely!

Around 5:30 I got a call from Ceri explaining that they had some business men that were suppose to come in town, but couldn't make it for one reason or another. But, they couldn't cancel the hotel at that point. So they offered it to us! What a fun surprise! I didn't tell Teddy about it, just got our bags packed! Everything down to a baggie with dry cereal in it for him for work in the morning.

anyways, Teddy got home from work around 6:45 to my fun surprise with bags packed. He was really excited about it! He had also stopped by market street to pick me up a beautiful arrangement of tulips. I LOVE tulips! Plus, they were pink & red. Just perfect!


We headed off to dinner to chili's. It's our tradition. Why you ask? Well Valentine 2008 before we were dating we went there the day of valentines with Cotter. Teddy of course paid because that is just what he did. But, he wasn't my valentine. The next valentine 2009 we had been dating 6 months. He had this whole dinner set up on the back porch of his house. He had planned to get Ohana's to go, but was kept at work longer than expected. So that fell through. We decided to order Chili's to go (not realizing we had that the year before when we weren't dating) & brought it back to the house to eat in the freezing weather :) We eventually moved the party indoors. (that night he told me he knew he was going to marry me...precious!)

Valentine's 2009

Valentine 2010 we were one month away from getting married (He was obviously right) and we figured that we had a tradition land right in our lab...and knew we had to go to chili's again. (i accidentally deleted those pictures that year...sad day) So, there you have it. Every valentine's day we will eat at chili's for the rest of our lives :)

Valentine 2011


After chili's we went to check in at the hotel! He still had to get up at 5:00am for work, and we didn't even get there until 8:30ish because of dinner...but still so fun. We watched the movie Valentine's Day on my laptop :) I could go for sleeping in a king bed any day of the week. I can't believe we slept on a full bed for the first 2 months of marriage...haha!

That was our fun first married valentine. One for the books for sure!
-Kells

1 comment:

Katie said...

what fun!! bonus points to teddy for putting the card IN the mailbox.. how sweet! :)