Friday, March 9, 2012

Real Marriage series

Teddy and I have started watching THIS sermon series based off that book (in picture). We have finished the first one and are doing the second one today. I believe our goal ultimately is do watch one each week.

We have learned during our first two years of marriage that we need something weekly that is promoting growth, conversations, and healthy marriage discussions (books/sermons/scripture etc). This helps us to continue to pursue one another by being a student of each other for a life time. We have definitely had seasons where this hasn't happened and I can tell you that as a woman I felt it immediately...a emotional disconnect. It happens in all marriages. I think that is because it's so easy to not WORK at marriage. Life happens and the importance of our covenant slips down the totem pole of importance.

The sermons are always an hour. I'm going to try and blog our take aways each week.
Join us in this journey?
First sermon: New Marriage, Same Spouse 


-Kelli

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The book is awesome. I cant believe its not at the library??

KLytle said...

I haven't checked the library yet. I'm not ready to read the book at this point because I'm reading other things. Plus, it's helpful for us to listen sermons together and discuss later. We don't do a good job at reading a book separately with talking about it later.

I do have intentions of eventually owning the book. :)

Unknown said...

Ahh I see. That makes complete sense. Based on what you posted, its the same stuff in the book anyway.