Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Emergency Room Visit

My pretty bracelet!
Almost a week ago I made a trip to the ER. I have never been to the ER for myself.


Teddy and I had enjoyed a day of studying, a surprise gift card in the mail led us to eat dinner at On the border. It was yummy. We ended the night hanging out with some friends (The Bollens) at their house doing a puzzle. While doing the puzzle my stomach started to hurt and progressively got worse. I went to the bathroom thinking it was just that, but no I was wrong. The main only got worse.

We left their house about 45 mins after I initially felt the bad pain. I knew we had to go to the ER, even though Teddy thought it was gas. I just KNEW it wasn't that. It hurt.

So off we went to the hospital around 10:30pm. We wait wasn't too long to finally get in. One nurse tried setting me up for an IV and just dug around not finding the vein. I was annoyed and in pain. Mostly because I told her that I had blood drawn 2 different times in the past 2 years from my right arm quite successfully. But no, she went for my left arm and couldn't get it. They brought in another nurse who got it immediately on my RIGHT arm. Sometimes they should listen to their patient. :)

After more waiting and more pain they finally got me back into a room. Set me up on a fluid IV and pain meds. They also made me drink a nasty mix shot of stuff for acid reflux. They thought it might be pertaining to that. Turns out my blood work leaned towards a slight case of pancreatitis. Basically your pancreas produces enzymes to help break down your food for your small intestine. If you eat a large meal your pancreas can over work itself and become inflamed aka causing plenty of pain.

They sent me home around 2am still in pain. We went to the 24/7 CVS to pick up my prescription for pain meds and finally made it home and in bed by 3am. I slept pain free because of pain meds. Praise the Lord. We left the very next day for Wichita Falls.

If there was anything I would ask for prayer for, it would be just our trust in the Lord for him to provide the finances to take care of these medical bills. We still have hundreds of dollars of medical bills unsettled from Teddy's trip to the ER this summer due to insurance being a pain in the rear end. So these new hospital bills are more stressful. Mostly because our insurance does not cover blood work & there was no option...we had to. The Lord has ALWAYS provided for us. Whether it's random $ popping up, providing us extra work to make that $ to pay bills, or just giving us wisdom on how to manage our $ differently in order to pay. His provision may not be clear RIGHT NOW, but I know He is in control. But there are definitely days where I choose to believe in the lies and not stand on the truth. So pray that we would remember the truth in days that we feel discouraged. :) Grateful for your prayers! I will keep you posted!

Oh and I can't leave this blog without giving a loving shout out to my wonderful husband. What a trooper he was that evening. He was such a comfort to have. He keeps me calm! Thanks sweetie!

-Kells

No comments: