Wednesday, July 6, 2011

a lovely (long) list

So, a week or more has gone by since my last REAL update. I do recognize that the post are mostly what we have been doing and such...but my life isn't normal right now. so maybe you find it interesting that I'm just writing about our day to day life. Who wouldn't find it interesting that a married couple is living in a dorm with a bunch of other married couples and using community bathrooms? FUN! Oh and the fact that we eat every meal with friends? It's kind of like a dream come true for an extrovert. :)

Either way...enjoy!

1) You might have read on FB that Teddy practically broke his body a week ago. He was running while playing softball for intramural and strained his right hamstring. He reached down to grab his leg with both hands while falling and landed on his left shoulder. And some how twisted his ankle in the midst of all this. I wasn't there to see it happened, which I definitely think made me more calm when I showed up on the scene. We went to the doctor this past Tuesday and found out that he DOESN'T have to have surgery. PRAISE HIM! We prayed for this many times.

2) On going learning: God is so wonderful. Our insurance for Teddy's old job ended on June 30 & Crusade started on July 1st. This is a big deal because I pushed for us to be hired early (june 1st) so that our insurance would start July 1st. I wasn't up for a lapse in insurance...and wala...there was a reason why I felt this overwhelming need to MAKE SURE. We were on the old jobs insurance for our ER visit when he broke his body initially. Then for this past Tuesday we were with Crusade insurance. It ran over flawlessly. We are patiently awaiting bills...BUT again, praise Jesus for NO surgery and NO MRI. Bring on the bills--anything will be a blessing at this point. :)

3) Class is officially over (Tuesday was our final for theology). It was HARD work for 2 solid weeks. But even in that, we walked away with a new perspective in studying scripture, which made the Gospel even more beautiful. There were definitely moments in the midst of studying where my heart was captured by God's grace. That's pretty neat to be doing school work & that occur! We both passed both classes with flying colors! yahoo!

4) This weekend we are headed to a cabin in Estes Park with 4 other couples! We are pumped to take a weekend away from the dorm/dorm food/demands of a busy schedule. Hopefully, Teddy and I will be able to go on a small hike...his hammy is healing well. We will see! :)

5) So in my post about our placement I mentioned what a crazy ride our "placement" week was. So to make a long story short--we came here thinking we were for sure going back to Texas Tech. Then all the new staff were challenged to consider going to Miami or LA to help with the Destino (Latino/Hispanic movement) grow. We prayed and processed and were HIGHLY considering moving to Miami.(NOT A JOKE!) But through the wisdom of older staff people, really processing with the Lord and each other, crying because of confusion (me of course!) we landed on being 100% ok with being back at Texas Tech...and that is exactly where they placed us. We are thrilled! Miami would have been cool, but really...I would probably miss the dirt storms of Lubbock ;)

6) I'm learning more and more my need for me time. It doesn't happen often--but here it does. We are surrounded by people every where we go. I would much rather just come back to our room and just chill. I'm also learning that Teddy isn't really like that. He enjoys knowing what's going on and how we can be apart of it. He doesn't want to miss anything fun! Kind of crazy how I'm just discovering this about him, but we haven't been in this setting with people around at all times.

7) Still loving our dorm floor. Just last night the girls and guys spent time together. Us ladies (9 of us) went hot tubbing for a little bit and then came back to the dorms, sat outside and talked for a long while. I love that we all can understand each others worlds. I walked away from our conversation feeling refreshed in my heart and encouraged about marriage in general.

This is the first night I will actually be asleep by 11:30. So I'm out of here.
-Kells

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ma liking the updates although I have some serious NST envy because so many of my friends are in Colorado right now. Congrats on going back to Tech. Miami would have been a serious culture shock for yall, trust me. Its a different world out there. Enjoy CSU and MPD training! Praise the Lord for working out the insurance.